YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Customer Business Advisor (CBA), you will advise key growers on Bayer Crop Science products and technology as a local expert and drive market share growth through adoption of Bayer products on the farm. You will be responsible for an annual target achievement with assigned growers, supporting National Brands (Dekalb/ASGROW) and selling the total Bayer portfolio inclusive of Seeds, Chemistry and Climate products and services. This territory covers Southwest Minnesota including the counties of: Chippewa, Swift, Yellow Medicine, Lac Qui Parle, Lincoln, and Lyon. You will report to the local DEKALB/Asgrow seed Area Business Manager.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Customer Business Advisor I, are to:
- Work with FSRs and Key Retailers to build a comprehensive Bayer portfolio business plan identifying 30-35 growers with greater than 3,500 acres of corn/soybean/cotton and other crops as regionally appropriate to achieve financial sales targets;
- Build relationships with large growers by providing product selection and placement recommendations;
- Provide agronomic whole farm solution support and advice (Seed, Chemistry, Digital Solutions and Services);
- Become a trusted advisor by keeping informed of agricultural research or whole farm methods, including responsibility of trials related to Bayer Portfolio with targeted growers;
- Work collaboratively with all pod personnel and various functions of Bayer's Crop Science organization (Marketing, Product Supply, Sales, Market Development) to ensure targets are met;
- Drive market share growth of Bayer products through regular sales calls to assigned growers in collaboration with retail and pod personnel;
- Be accountable to grower sales targets;
- Think strategically and make recommendations to Sales and Marketing Leadership on innovative ways to further enhance business results;
- Connect internally with company peers on programs, situations and issues to gain alignment and support to reach resolution;
- Understand and influence grower's business objectives including KPIs and any other relevant customer targets / measures;
- Monitor grower account inventory progress, track planned activities and uncover any new issues or opportunities through-out the year;
- Manage an annual SG&A budget and all program expenditures;
- Travel approximately 60%.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science in an agriculture-related discipline, Business or appropriate related field with at least five years of relevant agriculture experience in agronomy, technology, sales or marketing;
- Agility in communication approach to effectively interact with organizations or individuals, while balancing and building the dynamics of each relationship (customer focus);
- Ability to speak to company practices as it relates to current and future products as well as corporate initiatives ongoing;
- Demonstrated strategic thinking capability in prior experience (using business insights to project decisions);
- Digital fluency with latest industry tools and a desire to make decisions using data to grow the business;
- Strong analytical, influence and innovative sales and negotiation skills (documented ability to drive results);
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, written communication, as well as conflict management skills;
- Ability to quickly build strategic relationships and influence customer behavior (internal and external);
- Experience with sales teams and teams working remotely;
- Position requires driving for the company that may fall under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction. This may entail the hauling of trailers, product, supplies or equipment in a safe manner.
- Master of Science in Agronomy.
Domestic relocation assistance may be offered for this role.