Euclid Chemical has an exciting opportunity for a Coatings and Paint Formulator, to join our team in Cleveland, OH! The Coatings and Paint Formulator will conduct laboratory studies on proposals to develop coatings and paint products. This individual will apply quantitative and qualitative chemical and engineering principles, knowledge of materials, and material science to the development of new products and reformulation of existing products. They will also be responsible for providing technical support to the North American technical and sales forces.
Why join our team? Euclid Chemical offers an attractive package for personnel, company benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive base salary plus employee bonus program
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Generous vacation and holiday time
Duties/Responsibilities, Core knowledge:
- Conduct research on raw materials, analyses data and applies research to the development of new product based on marketing input
- Prepare or direct preparation of product design or system layout
- Plan and develop experimental test program for laboratories in Cleveland
- Perform bench level laboratory tests as part of product development
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing scale up
- Support the North America Marketing and Sales group with field trials and field troubleshooting
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work area
- Provide support to the North American technical and sales forces and manages specific product development projects for the North American market.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of science or Masters degree majoring in Chemistry, Polymers, or equivalent work experience
- Chemistry knowledge of emulsions, latex and production processes
- Experience in developing coatings and adhesives such as acrylic paint, epoxy ASTM 881 adhesives, water repellents and curing compounds
- Read, analyze, and apply common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer skills required to prepare reports, graph and presentations as well as research specific topics via the internet and SAP formula management
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to read write and communicate fluently in English
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.