*** If you are viewing this opportunity outside of our website and are interested in applying or if you would like to see a list of all our open BTD positions, please go to:
Company Overview: BTD is a fast growing metalworking company. We provide custom metalwork services for some of the world's top brands. Our 1300+ employees work from four facilities throughout the Midwest and Southeast. We invest in our people, our equipment, and our facilities to offer our clients the best value possible. We are also a wholly-owned subsidiary of Otter Tail Corporation, a publicly traded company on NASDAQ.
Summary: (2nd and 3rd shift openings) Perform machine setups on all CNC equipment to insure quality and the most efficient production process. Responds to problems with machinery and make repairs that are necessary to keep production on line. Performs and records quality assurance checks on parts to insure precise production. Makes offset adjustments and changes inserts when needed. Maintain accurate production reports. Provide direction and training for all machinists. Clean around machines to insure a safe work environment.
Requirements Safety is #1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee:
1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods.
2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment.
3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
1. Operates all production and manual equipment with minimal instruction
2. Measures parts, makes offsets and changes inserts with minimal direction
3. Consistently maintains green light and efficiency objectives.
4. Understands simple G codes
5. Assists in the setup of manual and CNC equipment
6. Performs all duties in the most cost efficient and cost effective manner.
7. Improves efficiencies whenever practical.
8. Operates assigned machine and does minor setups with assistance.
9. Maintains production objectives.
10. Performs quality control checks on parts produced, using measurements from Blueprints, Travelers and/or Quality Plans. Provides accurate reports on checks being done.
11. Inspects and keeps accurate count of parts.
12. Accurately records labor hours and quantity of parts produced.
13. Ability to identify quality problems.
14. Cleans machine periodically to maintain proper operation.
15. Performs machine shut down procedures at end of shift as required.
16. Maintains a clean and safe work area.
17. Performs all duties in a safe, efficient manner and observe all appropriate Company safety regulations.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Graduation from high school plus completion of a two-year program in machining or equivalent on the job training. OJT must be 1 year or more.
Experience and Skills Required: At least one year of recent related mechanical and shop experience, which includes the following skills and abilities:
1. Knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices used in machining operations.
2. Working knowledge of the manufacturing production process.
3. Knowledge of related safety requirements to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions.
4. Knowledge of basic measuring skills in a production environment.
5. Ability to understand and follow routine oral and written instructions.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.