Mortenson's success is not a matter of luck; it's a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002...
...What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Mortenson is currently seeking a Senior Systems Analyst with the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
The Senior Systems Analyst position is responsible for advanced troubleshooting, resolution of application issues and liaising with business partners to identify and document business requirements, research and analyze options, design and test technical solutions.
What will you be doing?
- Work with end-users, other IT technical resources and/or Application Support to troubleshoot problems and resolve applications issues
- Investigate solutions for Change Requests and present functional and technical options. These solutions could include modifications to the set up and configuration of existing modules, enhancements to modules, and/or implementation of new Application modules
- Function as resident team expert for all configuration issues within areas of expertise
- Evaluate user and departmental requests, gather business requirements and work with the appropriate teams to interpret requirements
- Perform requirements analysis, functional and technical design specifications, utilizing current systems methodologies and tools
- Unit test and perform peer reviews of code changes and documentation
- Work with other teams, as required, to make recommendations on efficient use of application features and capability to enhance the customer experience
- Develop and maintain test plans and test scripts
- Work with other teams, as required, to make recommendations on efficient use of Oracle Application features and capability to enhance the customer experience
- Follow departmental standards and best practices as defined (i.e. development standards, application standards, naming conventions, etc.)
- Provide management with timely reporting as required
- Understand the full suite of tools available to integrate application modules between other applications and/or vendors
- Mentor team members on best practices related to current technologies, as required
- Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
How will you succeed?
- Project management methodology including Scrum/Agile and Waterfall experience
- Experience capturing client requirements and designing technical solutions
- Experience and understanding of ITIL methodologies
- Experience in analytical, project management, and client facing work
- Working experience with the following preferred:
- SQL Server based client/server or RDS based applications
- SAAS based applications
- Autodesk Solutions
- Writing SQL queries and SQL Reporting Services
- Windows Server configurations and administration of Microsoft SQL and Microsoft IIS
- Service Now
- ESRI - ArcGIS
- Primavera P6 Project Portfolio Management (PPM) & Scheduling application
- Project Management Administration (PMA) applications
- Full implementation lifecycle, following SDLC or similar
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to manage schedules and prioritize work accordingly
- A desire to broaden technical, functional, and analytical skills
- Strong teamwork orientation
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft development toolkits
- Strong detail orientation
- Active listening skills and effective communication including an openness to diverse input and feedback
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in IT
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.