Mortenson's success is not a matter of luck; it's a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002...
...What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced SCADA Electrical Project Lead responsible for providing project management and design leadership, as well as effective customer relationship management with new and existing customers for the Energy Solutions team. Support our continued growth by aiding in the development, roll-out and execution of early stage Energy Solutions planning and development service offerings, and leading or supporting pursuit efforts.
50/50 split Road (Field) & Design
Locations Include: MN, AZ, TX, CA, CO
What will you be doing?
- Provide technical lead and support for electrical portions of work project
- Decide the best layout of collection system; including consideration of constraints such as overhead/underground, follow roads/cross country, and junction box locations
- Review manufacturer's data to determine extent of scope for electrical portion of project; including wiring requirements and electrical characteristics (i.e. grounding requirements, power factor ranges, lightning protection requirements, generator outputs, etc.)
- Verify that construction is in agreement with electrical engineering design drawings, including preparatory meetings, and QA/QC
- Lead the electrical engineering design and equipment procurement through use of submittals, transmittals, and requests for information
- Provide technical expertise to all parties concerned
- Ensure subcontractors understand the scope of project during bidding process and provide electrical engineering resource throughout the project
- Communicate with local utilities to ensure the project can interconnect to the electrical grid
- Perform loss calculations (100% output/annualized)
- Develop one-line diagrams of collection a system and substations, as well as standard details of electrical construction that are typical to Mortenson projects
- Maintain relationships with all visitors to the site: customers, architects, union representatives, subcontractors, et al.
- Handle site work and logistics efficiently, providing suggestions for improvement
- Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
- Lead team members by example, offer effective coaching and feedback, and effectively manage performance
- Fiber installation support and QA
- Communication equipment troubleshooting
- Points lists review/approval
- SCADA equipment programming and troubleshooting as PLC's, HMI's, Network switches
- Ancillary alarming equipment troubleshooting such as temp sensors, door alarms, humidity sensors
- Integration/troubleshooting Substation SCADA equipment such as RTACs, Gateways, Meters, Rigs
- Project grid integration to operating entity (CAISO etc.)
- Be able to lead technical discussions on their scope of work
Knowledge of relay protection schemes preferred but not necessary
How will you succeed?
- Working knowledge of NEC code and NE safety code a plus
- Basic understanding of construction techniques and project management practices
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Active listening skills and effective communication including an openness to diverse input and feedback Ability to travel up to 50%
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum four years in electrical construction management or electrical design
- Current driver's license
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.