YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Field Sales Representative for our crop protection team, you will be a trusted advisor that develops Bayer's retail and customer focused business in Northwestern Minnesota, including the following counties Todd, Douglas, Grant, Traverse, Big Stone, Stevens & Pope. You will implement sales initiatives with the intent of achieving or exceeding financial targets. This will report to the local Area Business Manager.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Sales Representative II, are to:
- Achieve assigned targets with Bayer products in coordination with podmates;
- Develop and implement dealer business plans, manage forecasting proactively, inventory management and product line demand issues, set the business direction and coordinate follow-ups with dealers;
- Serve as the key business consultant to retailers and dealer and effectively sell the value of Bayer Crop Science products;
- Demonstrate proof of product performance against the competition by being the champion of Bayer brands and product/technical/agronomic knowledge;
- Collaborate with pod-mate FSRs, CBAs and Bayer Agronomists and Technology Development Representatives (TDR) to maximize services, information and sales to preferred growers and key customer accounts;
- Actively manage inventory concerns as appropriate to ensure success of meeting business objectives;
- Gather, assimilate and analyze market and competitive information;
- Utilize data to make key decisions to drive the business;
- Follow set strategies for achieving long and short business plans for key accounts and assigned area;
- Effectively manage expenses, discretionary dollars and program payments per Bayer Crop Science policy;
- Show initiative in expanding selling skills and product/portfolio knowledge;
- Ensure achievement of program execution and program fulfillment, including national/regional marketing initiatives;
- Successfully partner with pod-mate FSRs/CBAs and manage the relationship with top growers and retailers;
- Act as the business expert for top growers and retailers, while planning for customer business needs;
- Act as mentor to FSR interns, Trainees or more junior FSRs as requested by leadership;
- Manage area claims per Bayer Crop Science policy and process through effective problem solving, execution, administration and resource management;
- Be able to travel approximately 60%;
- Grow market share of Crop Protection/Seed and Trait business and create demand for seed growth, seed and trait and chemistry within territory;
- Position requires driving for the company that may fall under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction. This may entail the hauling of trailers, product, supplies or equipment in a safe manner.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- At least three year of experience in Sales, Marketing, Account Management or Agriculture;
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, oral and written);
- Demonstrated initiative, assertiveness and ability to drive results;
- Strong business acumen, account planning, influencing and critical thinking skills;
- Financial, time and territory management proficiency;
- Proven ability to multi-task in a rapid-paced and matrixed environment;
- Strong computer and presentation skills (proficiencies in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Demonstrated digital acumen and ability to analyze data to influence decisions;
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment;
- Proven interest in supporting collaboration and teamwork within a pod structure;
- Driving for the company that may fall under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction, this may entail the hauling of trailers, product, supplies or equipment in a safe manner;
- Ability to pass driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, License suspension, etc.
- Bachelor's degree;
- Demonstrated product, portfolio and agronomic knowledge.
Domestic relocation assistance may be offered for this role.