- Ensure the tax deposits that are processed in PeopleSoft are accurate.
- Maintains Excel spreadsheet for the quarterly 941 filing and annual W2 filing.
- Verifies that tax deposits for other states ae filed accurately and timely.
- Reconciles all accounts related to taxes back to the general ledger for a smooth year.
- Reconciliation of payroll bank account activity.
- Meets bi-monthly with Accounting Services Manager to review and reconcile the payroll bank account.
- Responsible for calculating overpayments and communicating with departments about the liability to the University.
- Monthly reconciliation of the overpayment account.
- Year end processing of the University's liability for the Compensated Absences leave report.
- Process vendor payments/wires.
- Reconciliation of these accounts back the GL processed monthly.
- Supervise - Common Remitter processes for...
- Optional Retirement System
- 4038 and 457 Savings Plan
- Supervise the vendor payments and reconciliation all deductions back to GL.
- Supervise the editing of the Payroll instructions file received from SSC on a monthly basis
- GaDefine and ERS System Processing & TRS.
- Running the Monthly Common Remitter process for the GADefine and ERS Plans to ensure
- the bank debt will match the outgoing file to the vendor
- Reconcile accounts to Financial Systems.
- Input rehired data for ERS members into the ERS systems and forfeited leave.
- Assist with the review of Retirement (TRS, ORP & Voluntary TSA) Elections.
- Assist with the input of any deductions or adjustments needed to correct insurance premium payments from employees.
- Run the benefits reconciliation process to ensure the bank debit will match the outgoing file to the vendor.
- Reconcile accounts to Financial systems.
- Research and clear up variances
- Supervises all Payroll Accountant positions
Disclaimer: This job requisition provides a high-level job definition. It is not intended to provide a comprehensive or exclusive list of job duties. As such, job duties and/or responsibilities within the context of this job requisition may change at the discretion the employee's direct supervisor.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Management, Business or related field and four years of related experience or a combination of training and experience.
Organization: Human Resource Services
Department: Finance & Administration
Primary Location: Atlanta Campus
Salary : $46,227 - $69,782
Pay Grade: 17
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Full Time (Benefits Eligible)
Job Posting: 12/01/21, 2:58:11 PM
Closing Date: Open until filled
To be fully considered for this position all candidates at the time of submission must provide the following documents:
- A complete and accurate GSU application
- Cover Letter
- Final candidates will be asked to provide three professional references
Please note, Georgia State University's career board updates daily and requisitions are subject to be removed without prior notice or before the posting expires.
Georgia State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.