YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Maintenance Technician, are to:
- Perform continuous, proactive inspections of machinery and equipment performance;
- Be a critical contributor to the overall success of our company through timely, efficient, and high-quality product delivery;
- Work closely with and support other on-site personnel in an effort to consistently establish the highest standards in the industry for safety, seed quality, cost, and supply reliability;
- Participate in our environmental safety health program;
- Organize, schedule and complete routine and preventative maintenance for onsite equipment;
- Operate equipment (when applicable) during seasonal peak periods;
- Work with other groups within the company to develop consistency and cost savings;
- Become familiar with systems and diagnose issues related to equipment involved with seed corn production;
- Identify, develop and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Valid driver's license;
- Ability to learn and use computer-based control systems and handheld data control devices;
- Ability to be on call as seasonal workloads demand;
- Ability to thrive in a team-based work environment.
- At least three years of preventive maintenance skills in an industrial setting;
- Advanced training in trade school / college;
- Welding and fabrication skills;
- Experience with maintenance of automated systems.