100 Years of Experience at Work for You!
Since 1920, the professional men and women of Hubbard Construction have literally paved the way for hundreds of public and private projects that have supported Florida's rise to prominence.
Hubbard is one of Florida's largest heavy civil construction companies. We are proud to be a part of Florida's history and we are eager to continue to serve the Florida market and beyond.
The scope of Hubbard's work includes complex highway projects, site development, paving, utility and drainage systems, surveying, RAP and hot mix sales, and state-of-the-art bridge building. We provide multiple delivery systems in design-build, bid-build, public/private-partnerships and design-build finance.
Hubbard Construction's parent company, Eurovia, operates through a network of 330 agencies and 770 production sites, in 17 countries around the world.
An Asphalt Raker is an hourly-rated skilled craft position that assists with the application of asphalt on highways/private roadways/parking lots/driveways using handheld tools. Must partner with other crew members to pave roadways per plan specifications and if need be, to perform tasks of other positions as instructed by crew foreman to insure daily schedules/estimates are met.
- Understand and execute paving procedures while following instructions to meet the standards of the project.
- Responsible for the finished product while enforcing proper safety and traffic precautions.
- Prepare road surfaces for hot asphalt material.
- Distribute and rake asphalt material used in construction, repair and resurfacing.
- Finish surfaces by smoothing and tamping asphalt material to the proper grade and thickness to properly adhere material to road surface.
- Repair utility cuts by removing temporary material and replacing with permanent hot asphalt material
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a "safety first" attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as an Asphalt Raker. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees. One to three (1-3) years or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on paving.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an Asphalt Raker to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Ability to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 50 pounds and carry at least 30 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- The ability to hear, understand, and distinguish speech and/or other sounds (e.g., moving equipment, backing alarms, or other alarms, instructions/directions from supervisor and/or spotter).
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that an Asphalt Raker encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high asphalt levels of noise and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as, grease, gasoline, diesel fuel and hot asphalt mix.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.