PURPOSE: The Software Engineer is responsible for scoping, implementing, and maintaining internal and external Mall of America technologies in collaboration with the IT team and the other departments to help improve both the guest experience and internal operations. The Software Engineer is comfortable both writing code and collaborating with others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with internal contacts to understand, conceptualize, and collaborate on applications, meeting both business needs and technical requirements.
- Ensure internal processes and procedures for the software development life cycle, including standards for code management, QA, testing, and documentation, are adhered to.
- Prioritize projects, tasks, sprints, and ad hoc requests to define and meet timelines and milestones based on business needs.
- Operate in an agile framework that includes balancing and shifting between multiple top priority items.
- Write exemplary, well-tested, and well-documented
- Provide guidance and feedback to developers on the team.
- Perform code reviews, quality assurance, and user acceptance testing
- Assist Marketing team with website needs and administration.
- Manage vendor and consultant driven projects and assume ongoing maintenance and enhancements of those projects.
- Troubleshoot and provide problem resolution to routine production/program errors, identifying and understanding root problems and solutions.
- Iterate and improve current software and ease of use to be more user centric and meet continually evolving requirements.
- Install routine patches, perform regular maintenance, and provide support for break-fixes for existing software and web applications.
- Collaborate with the marketing teams to ensure consistency in branding and structure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3-5 years of previous development experience.
- 1+ years of experience working with APIs and API integrations.
- Experience with WordPress or similar website content management systems.
- Experience operating in an agile framework.
- Experience developing mobile apps, including experience with Xamarin or Android Studio.
- Experience working in a Microsoft Windows environment, including Microsoft Azure.
- Previous management or team leadership experience is a plus.
- Experience working with Security aspects such as SSL, SAML, and OAuth is a plus.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases is a plus.
PHYSICAL JOB REQURIEMENTS
- Sitting - Frequently
- Stand and move - Occasionally
- Perform repetitive motion (using keyboard) - Frequently
- Kneel and bend - Infrequently
- Reach at or above shoulder level - Infrequently
- Reach at or below shoulder level- Infrequently
- Lifting/carry up to 10 pounds - Infrequently
- Lift/carry up to 30 lbs. - Infrequently
- Stoop/squat - Infrequently
- Handle larger items such as boxes or packages - Infrequently
*Mall of America® is an EEO employer: women, minorities, the disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply.