McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
The Sr Manager, Technical Accounting and Valuation is a high-level individual contributor role focused on technical accounting, special purpose valuations and other accounting advisory matters pertaining to worldwide business transactions, impairment testing and other related accounting matters.
- Within the corporate controllership, assist with the company's valuation and technical accounting activities related to business combinations, asset acquisitions, divestitures, annual and trigger-based goodwill and long-lived assets impairment testing and other areas of fair value assessments including intangible valuations
- Partner with corporate FP&A, business units and business development team to support activities by providing valuation and technical accounting evaluation of potential deal structure for investments, acquisitions, divestitures, strategic planning or other alliance transactions
- Partner with corporate tax and business units to support internal transactions and certain restructuring initiatives by providing valuation and technical accounting considerations
- Provide technical accounting support to business units in connection with the implementation of various changes in accounting policies and procedures, including the adoption of new accounting standards, primarily where there is a fair value component
- Assist in developing presentation materials, presenting complex accounting matters / conclusions to company management. Further, support the development of relevant areas (e.g., footnote disclosures) and external reporting support of the 10-Q/10-K filings
- Maintain and execute adequate internal controls for responsibilities related to business combinations, impairment testing, and other valuation-related activities and update 404 narratives, as needed
- Liaise with external auditors, third party valuation specialists and other advisors on valuation and M&A-related conclusions, provide quarterly updates and achieve alignment on accounting positions
- Participate in due diligence process and highlight accounting issues and key risks and various other ad-hoc projects or initiatives
8 years of overall professional work experience including a combination of valuation and accounting / auditing experience
- Must have Big Four and/or national valuation firm experience, combined with audit/accounting experience preferred
- Proficient in US GAAP, SEC reporting, including business combination and divesture, and fair value assessments (ASC 805, 350, and 820) and IFRS
- Strong financial modelling skills and advanced/expert Excel user
- Strong written and presentation development skills; intermediate to advance PowerPoint user
- Prior experience managing multiple projects, competing priorities, and short deadlines
- Proven leadership experience to drive prompt resolution and communication of technical issues and process improvements
- Experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- ASA, CPA, CFA designation or equivalent qualification is preferred
- Knowledge of accounting policies, practices and systems, such as Hyperion (HFM) or equivalent financial systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to challenge conventional approaches and offer alternative solutions
- Strong sense of urgency and client-service approach
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance and high degree of business acumen
4-year degree in finance, accounting, required; advanced degree preferred
General Office Demands
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.