McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
The Director, IT Internal Audit is responsible for establishing a department-wide IT Audit strategy in accordance with industry best practices and in collaboration with the leadership team while supporting the creation of the Department Audit Plan and execution, focusing on the IT Audit approach.
In this role you will partner with IT Senior Executive Management and Business Unit IT leadership. You will direct the annual audit plan to ensure appropriate controls and processes are in place. Success in this role requires an inquisitive, high-integrity professional who enjoys working with senior leaders and leading teams to success in a dynamic environment.
- Lead IT Audit talent, including recruiting, retaining, management of all aspects of the process and staffing, along with staff and team development
- Manage third-party resources
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of IT audit strategies, IT trends and industry developments, initiatives and operations, the relevant risks and appropriate audit responses
- Direct audit engagements, including pre-implementation reviews, integrated audits, core IT audits and compliance reviews
- Direct the IT aspects within engagement planning, including testing strategy development, execution, reporting and issue monitoring for the audit plan
- Review audit deliverables to ensure that they are well defined and root causes understood
- Communicate and collaborate with peers, key business partners and executives in the development and execution of the audit plan
- Assist in the preparation of audit committee material
- Represent and actively participate in relevant councils, committees and/or governance meetings
- Foster continuous improvement in all aspects of department and engagement management
- Lead other department initiatives and deliverables to support Internal Audit Leadership
8+ years Information Technology, business-facing IT technical environment (or equivalent risk function) experience,with 4+ years leadership experience
- Progressively increasing management responsibilities in Finance, Accounting, or IT roles
- Experience in "Big 4" audit, mid-tier audit or an audit department of a Fortune 500 company
- Must have broad exposure in areas such as financial, operational, and IT
- Demonstrate highly effective communication skills and possess the ability to turn complicated ideas into simple concepts
- Executive presence and ability to relate well with various levels of leadership
- Establish and foster positive working relationships across the enterprise
- Solid track record of building and managing high-performing teams. Work collaboratively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
Additional Knowledge & Skills:
Excellent working knowledge in several of the following areas:
- Knowledge of and passion for healthcare technology industry
- Healthcare-specific technologies and compliance requirements (FDA, DEA, DHHS, Privacy (HIPAA/HITECH))
- Cyber security
- System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile approaches, methodologies, and tools
- Management of large-scale internal system development programs
- Management of a shared service environment, for IT and other functions
- IT Service Management or ITIL disciplines
- Major ERP/CRM applications, including JD Edwards, SAP, Salesforce, ServiceNow, PeopleSoft and Hyperion
- Unix and OS/400 based operating systems
- Windows-based networks (in particular, Active Directory)
- TCP/IP networking protocol and TCP/IP-based networks
- Databases, firewalls, authentication systems, and cryptography
- Financial accounting principles and terms, as well as core business process knowledge
- Data interrogation tools, particularly ACL
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Access, Visio and Project)
- Strong project management skills
- 4-year degree in business or related fields such as accounting/finance, computer science, management information systems or industrial engineering
- MBA preferred
- CIA, CISA, CISM or CISSP designation; ITIL, Project Management Professional (PMP), SAFe Agilist certification strongly preferred. CPA a plus
- Travel up to 10-20%
- Location - Irving, TX or Alpharetta, GA
McKesson does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to our career page or a McKesson social media post. McKesson will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.