McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
The state of healthcare is complex, but our shared purpose isn't: Help people get the medicine they need to live healthier lives. CoverMyMeds solves medication access challenges for patients throughout every step of their journey through a unified brand that now encompasses RelayHealth, RxCrossroads by McKesson, McKesson Prescription Automation and CoverMyMeds.
Our combined experience spans nearly 90 years and together, we're applying our expertise to solve some of the biggest problems in healthcare. We accelerate innovative solutions for problems like medication affordability and adherence in way that everyone wins - from providers to pharmacies, payers to biopharma and, especially, patients. By combining automation and expert intervention, the company provides prior authorization, prescription decision support, specialty patient support, core adjudication network, patient assistance programs, clinical and behavioral adherence and patient empowerment solutions.
We're proud to be an integral part of McKesson Corporation and embody the sharedand leadership behaviors of the greater organization. We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
This position is responsible for all operational activities and P&L accountability across the facility, as well as inventory accountability and exposure to risk and loss for a large distribution center. Responsible for providing the highest possible service to the market customer base, and providing a work environment conducive to superior productivity, safety, quality, and morale. The Senior Manager of Operations is actively engaged in long term strategic planning for the distribution center.
- Ensure high quality employee attraction, engagement, and development at all levels.
- Effectively manage all people issues including, but not limited to, labor, turnover, diversity, and inclusion.
- Provide leadership and support for on-going training initiatives for management and employees.
- Develop a strong team of DC leaders and provide coaching and appropriate development opportunities for direct reports.
- Build bench strength through modeling ICARE/ILEAD and development of a high-performing culture. Work with regional management on succession planning.
Compliance and Safety
- Oversee compliance with federal, state, local, and company policies and safety regulations.
- Assist the management team in diagnosing any safety concerns and creating solutions.
- Ensure the building is always prepared for either an internal or external audit.
General Management and Operations
- Actively oversee DC operations and management by giving work direction, resolving problems, setting deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Develop the vision for the facility, while tracking current processes and regularly assessing if best practices are in place.
- Collaborate with colleagues in other 3PL operations to drive consistency or processes and the development of the RxCrossroads by McKesson 3PL brand Collaborate with both regional management and local management to develop and align strategic initiatives to implement locally.
- Monitor and analyze costs and assist the management team in making budget.
- Direct local operations to ensure building's performance is within budget and expense plans.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from Program management, Customer Care, HR/ER, Six Sigma, Finance, and more to ensure operations are identifying, meeting, and exceeding desired output and best practices.
- Coordinate with Transportation team and Contractors.
- Strategize with leaders across the network to stay ahead of changing customer needs, industry advances, and labor planning concerns.
- Facilitate success within the building by monitoring, preventing, and solving any concerns outside of the distribution center.
Minimum Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities):
- 10 years of professional experience and 3+ years of manufacturing/distribution center experience.
- 6+ years of supervisory and leadership experience.
- Capable of handling multiple priorities and extensive time demands regarding both logistics and employee problems and engagement. Effectively navigates through complex situations, both internal and external, that may require multiple decision makers.
- Advanced knowledge of Operations/Distribution/Pharma Supply Chain Management.
- Excellent organizational skills, excellent communication skills (verbal/written), management skills, and contract negotiations.
- Ability to develop, drive, implement and maintain innovation and promote continuous improvement around engineering processes, customer support, cost structure and quality initiatives.
- Advanced financial and business acumen to include knowledge of key financial statements drivers and levers.
- SAP experience
- Cold Chain experience
- Six Sigma training and exposure to Lean Manufacturing principles
- Experience with warehouse management systems.
- Strong PC skills and ability to use McKesson's suite of PC-based applications.
- Florida Designated Representative License
- Experience with DEA regulation compliance
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
Multiple environments including office and warehouse. Must be willing to work various hours to manage across the 24-hour workday within the distribution center.
Career Level - Manager - M3
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.