Reporting to the Solutions Architect, the Senior Business Analyst is responsible for identifying customer needs, ranging from the initial bid process through enhancements during the customer lifecycle, identifying current Pondera solutions to meet those needs, and where there are gaps specifying effective solutions. Working with the customer and Pondera's Research and Development, IT Development, Service Delivery, and Project Management staff, the Senior Business Analyst will define and document those needs and gaps so the appropriate products and modules can be implemented, and as needed, created to fill them. Further, s/he will document implementation and best practices. This position will include all products, but with an emphasis on Case Management.
About the Role
As a Senior Business Analyst you will:
- Works with customers to understand and define their requirements
- Works with Pondera staff to document and effectively communicate those requirements, determine appropriate product and module configurations, identify gaps and propose enhancements and or new modules or products to meet the requirements
- Works with Pondera Sales, Product, Development, Service Delivery, and Project Management groups to determine priorities and product feature roadmaps
- Demonstrates Pondera system to clients during development phase
- Liaisons between Development and Service Deliver teams to insure an effective Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Documents and triages enhancement requests in Pondera's ticketing system
- Develops and maintains documentation, implementation templates, and other product related artifacts
- Maintains and enhances the product related aspects of the Pondera Requirements and Onboarding Process (PROP)
- Observes and analyzes user statistics to identify underutilized product features and suggest opportunities for improved user experiences and results
- Maintains and enhances a list of best practices for each product module from implementation through usage
- Supports bid responses for both product features and implementation work plans
- Demonstrates system features in support of sales and marketing activities
- Understands and manages enhancement and change request costs including the ability to estimate the level required to ensure acceptance and usage
- Safeguards organizational Human Resources and financial sensitive information from unauthorized usage and individuals
You're a fit for the role of Senior Business Analyst if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or closely related field;
- At least (3) three years' work experience in Agile development methodology;
- At least (3) three years' working with MS SQL Server, including data analysis, data preparation/transformation, performance tuning and integration
- At least 3 years work experience developing and implementing enterprise-scale reports and dashboards, including
- Working directly with clients in a requirements analysis role
- Experience with data warehouse implementations
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts
- Yellowfin BI experience a plus
What's in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- Hybrid Work Model: Currently, as part of our COVID-19 response, our employees are working remotely and following local COVID-19 bylaws and guidelines with the majority of our offices planning to remain remote throughout 2021. Upon return, we will embrace a hybrid work environment consisting of in-office and remote work.
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more.
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing.
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters cafe networking.
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on .