With history dating back to 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in the region with locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We believe in doing. By joining forces with local businesses, charitable organizations and our team members, we are proud to be part of the momentum that keeps the community around us building and growing. Together we can be the catalyst for making great things happen. Join our company to be a part of this inspirational movement and learn how we can grow your career.
Together, we can do more for your future...
At American National Bank, we provide our team members with comprehensive benefits to do more for you and your family.
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based annual earning potential
- Career growth potential built into every role
- 401(k) Investment Plan with up to 4% match by ANB with immediate vesting and profit sharing*
- No cost Life Insurance with benefit 2x base salary (subject to cap), with ability to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical Insurance with signification premium contribution by ANB, with Wellness Plan Support*
- Dental Insurance with significant premium contribution by ANB*
- Additional Insurance options to meet personal needs: Vision, Pet Care, Critical Illness, Accident, Income, and Identity Theft Protection*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Gym Membership Reimbursement*
- Discounts on Banking and Financial needs
*Eligibility Criteria Apply
The Commercial Client Support Specialist supports the client development process by opening all types of accounts, facilitating the documentation of credit, answering questions and providing solutions for all types of accounts, and seeks out assistance from a treasury management expert when appropriate.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Client Relationship Management including answering customer inquiries, interview clients, troubleshooting various systems, coordinate meetings, answer phones, call on existing profitable customer relationships and assist in the development new business where applicable.
- Perform routine administrative, operation and support tasks including acting as a point person for all loan and deposit client information collection and follow up.
- Maintains working knowledge of loan and deposit products, compliance/banking regulations, etc.
- Review and assist in the decision of daily/weekly/monthly reporting requirements including review of overdrafts, etc.
- Originates consumer and small business loans for business clients and performance maintenance where needed.
- Opens commercial, nonprofit and personal deposit accounts where needed. Counsel clients on various deposit and cash management services available.
- Coordinates commercial loan documents for lending officers. Review loan documentation, close loans or attend loan closings where appropriate. Follow-up with various departments as needed.
- Provide loan support and facilitate the ordering of loan related items from loan operations, the borrower or other areas of the bank (appraisals, credit reports, title insurance, financial statements from borrowers, etc.)
- Assist the banker in clerical ways including coordinating networking and business meetings, monitoring, internal control responsibilities, organizing files, etc.
- Compile, organize and review documentation and perform follow-up loan related items including tracking covenants, policy and loan document exceptions as needed.
- Other branch and bank support as necessary and other duties and projects as assigned.
Experience and Education
- One to three years in banking experience
- Previous experience in commercial client services preferred
- Experience with Jack Henry software preferred
- High School graduate or equivalent
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Facilitates a collaborative work environment with a diverse group of people in order to achieve the company's goal.
- Ability to direct focus on the multiple small tasks or concerns that make up a larger task or concern.
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and environments, embrace new ideas, enterprising, and resourceful.
- Capacity for rapid study, analyzes, and understands new situations and new business problems.
- Ability to build relationships and rapport internally and externally
- Facilitates a sense of urgency and reaction to change for goal achievement
- Able to identify problems, create resolutions, implement new ideas, and evaluate them
- Capacity to make decisions that involve diving into solve the problem
- Demonstrates a high level of dependability in all aspects of the job and can be relied on consistently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and able to communicate with all levels of internal and external clients.
- Able to open, administer, and speak comfortably to clients of all account types.
- Able to understand product mix to make general recommendations to a client
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for loan, deposit, and cash management related issues.
- Enhance the sales process acting as the point person or quarter-back for the relationship.
- Coordinates, reviews for accuracy and in some cases create documentation for loan and deposit related accounts.
- Seeks out opportunities to go above and beyond for internal and external clients.