Biotage is a Global Impact Tech Company committed to solving society’s problems. We offer workflow solutions and products to customers in Drug Discovery and Development, Analytical Testing and Water and Environmental Testing.
Our customers span a broad range of market segments including Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Contract Research and Contract Manufacturers as well as Clinical, Forensic and Academic laboratories in addition to organizations focused on Food safety, Clean water and Environmental sustainability.
Biotage is actively hiring for a Technical Sales Representative to support Organic and Peptide Sales in the Northwest US and Western Canada. The position’s primary responsibility is to sell core chemistry instruments and consumables for flash chromatography, microwave synthesis, evaporation, and peptide synthesis systems to the medicinal chemist in major pharma, biotech, CRO, academia, and government accounts. This position is considered remote but is expected to travel an average of 4 days per week in the assigned territory. The ideal candidate for this role will be located in Seattle, WA or Portland, OR.
US: AK, CO, ID, MT, OR, UT, WA, WY
Canada: AB, BC, MB, NT, NU, SK, YT
|Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Full sales responsibility for Instruments and related accessories in defined territory. Instrument products include Initiator microwaves, Selekt & Isolera flash purification, peptide synthesizers, and V-10 evaporators.
- Responsible for hands on demonstration of instruments and related products to demonstrate business value and product differentiation
- Responsible for the effective management and upkeep of demo resources and related accessories
- Responsible for ensuring customers are effectively trained and realizing maximum benefit from their Biotage products
- Co-Responsibility for growth of consumable product sales in defined territory (along with Inside Sales Representative)
- Responsible for maintaining current and identifying new customers
- Responsible for providing accurate sales forecasts
- Responsible for achievement of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets
- Responsible for lead qualification, systematic opportunity management, and comprehensive documentation of activity and opportunity status via the company’s CRM platform (Salesforce.com)
- Responsible for generation of Quotes and negotiating final prices within authorized limits
- Responsible for providing accurate and on time standard reports and ad hoc information requests
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
Qualifications and Training:
- Excellent verbal, written, active listening, negotiation, and persuasion communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, be a self-starter, be creative, and have strong organizational skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, self-directed environment with shifting priorities
- Demonstrated success dealing with the complex pricing issues involved in CFI and other granting agencies is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and CRM software (Salesforce.com)
- Ability to work within a team
- Bachelor’s degree in science related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working in a chemistry laboratory environment with Biotage or related workflow tools is a plus.
- Proven track record of success in sales and account management is highly desirable.
- Experience selling scientific equipment is a plus.
- 3-5 (average of 4) days per week in the field directly interfacing with prospects and customers.
- 1-2 overnights per week (varies depending upon home base of employee)
Biotage is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and local governing bodies and agencies.