POSTING TYPE: Open-competitive
DEPARTMENT: Dakota 911
LOCATION: Dakota 911 Building, Rosemount
HOURLY/ANNUAL: $27.80/hourly or $57,824/annually
CLOSE DATE: The posting will remain open until all available position are filled.
This is a non-Dakota County recruitment. To review the full job description and to submit an application visit . All materials will be collected by the Dakota 911.
Dakota 911 Public Safety Telecommunicators answer incoming emergency and non-emergency calls, collect pertinent information, dispatch appropriate public safety units to the scene and provide follow-up communications and assistance to field personnel.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Ability to type 35 words per minute.
* Must possess or obtain certifications including, but not limited to State of Minnesota Terminal Operations, CPR, Emergency Fire Dispatch and Emergency Medical Dispatch.
* 2 years of experience in a customer service position
* 1 year experience in dispatching, public safety or call center
* Associate's Degree
* Answer and respond to incoming calls received in the dispatch communications center and dispatch units including police, fire, ambulance and other emergency personnel to emergency and non-emergency situations.
* Actively listen and ask appropriate questions of callers to effectively prioritize the call and determine the necessary response.
* Provide ongoing updates to responding field personnel as information is received.
* Monitor and record all emergency radio traffic, emphasizing officer and emergency personnel safety.
* Utilize Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) system to process EMS calls.
* Utilize Emergency Fire Dispatch (EFD) system to process fire calls.
* Enter and maintain accurate and timely data in the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system.
* Retrieve information on driver's license, vehicle registration, warrants and other pertinent information from local, state and federal computer information systems.
* Contact emergency service organizations, public works crews and utility companies as directed.
* Enter, process and retrieve information from the computer system as needed or requested.
* Efficiently and effectively operate communication center equipment and technology. Document and report malfunctions of equipment and software applications on a timely basis to supervisor or technical staff.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as apparent or assigned.
* Work shifts as required including nights, weekends and holidays.
* Work overtime as required.
* Ability to sit or stand as to answer phones and use computer equipment on a continuous basis.
* Ability to type and hear as to quickly gather information from callers, enter information in the CAD system and assign appropriate emergency units simultaneously.
* Ability to prioritize calls, make quick, reliable decisions and dispatch the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
* Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with the public, co-workers and other agencies.
* Ability to monitor and understand information being received from many sources simultaneously.
* Ability to learn and apply knowledge of geographic maps, resources, businesses, intersections and other landmarks in Dakota County.
* Ability to handle stress and work in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to draw reasonable and logical conclusions from information which may be disjointed or incomplete.
* Working knowledge of dispatching equipment including computer software and databases used in an emergency communications center.
This is a non-Dakota County recruitment. To review the full job description and to submit an application visit . All materials will be collected and questions answered by Dakota 911.