Power Electronics Test Engineer
Looking for a strong power electronics engineers to support with thermal, electrical/power, test/validation, scripting, data collection and processing and more.
Support with thermal related rework (install thermal coupler), test scripts, test data collection, data processing, plotting, troubleshooting, etc:
* Battery charging cases: USB and Wireless Charging + different use cases
* Battery pack thermal performance evaluation, hotspot, time to temperature rise
* Benchmark Battery performance across competitor devices.
Dogfooding related troubleshooting
* write scripts aimed at device/battery testing (DoU, Battery Drain, Battery Cycle Tests, Wireless charge, device characterization) at scale. Manage data (google cloud...) and make it accessible "per device"
* write scripts to organize large amounts of data, analyze/process it and generate meaningful plots with device characteristics)
* Scale device test automation and data management (Google cloud...)
(Good to have) Linux Bash / Android Unix shell scripts:
* explore ways to generate an app/apk from bash scripts (Android Developer Studio? > start with simple "icon" app. that execute script and move to more detailed / possibly menu driven GUI to configure settings & will launch app). Leverage existing command line scripts.
(Good to have) generate Custom Android Builds:
* work cross functionally with other groups (Android SW, Pixel Power, Test Eng) in order to leverage their internal knowledge and apply it toward solving issues that relate to Tech-Eng/Power group by using different solutions (sw scripts, custom Android builds..)
* Add basic requirements for a power testing engineer
* Power knowledge: AC-DC, DC-DC
* Validation knowledge: use DMM, scope, freq analysis, power analyzer.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Visit to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.