MasTec North America, Inc. is a leading national infrastructure construction company operating throughout the United States. MasTec - Utility Services' activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you'll be joining a family, where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
MasTec Utility Services Group is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Any applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Flaggers will help control movement of vehicular traffic through construction projects by performing the following duties listed below.
* Maintain a consistent and unrelenting focus on safety throughout all job functions;
* Distribute traffic control signs and markers along site in designated pattern;
* Manage day to day work zone set up, maintenance and tear down, meeting or exceeding customer, state and company expectations;
* Lift, carry and place up to 50 lbs. of traffic cones to ensure the safety of the work zone;
* Lift, carry, place and assemble traffic control signs in the proper order to manage work zone traffic;
* Keep equipment in trucks well organized and in working order;
* Develop superior knowledge of work zone setup, design and professional flagging responsibilities and be willing to share your knowledge with teammates;
* Direct movement of traffic through site, using sign, hand and flag signals;
* Warn laborers and drivers when approaching vehicle fails to heed signals to prevent accident and injury to workers;
* Inform drivers of detour routes through construction sites;
* Record license number of traffic control violators for police;
* Give hand marker to last driver in line up of one-way traffic for flagger at opposite end of site, signaling clearance for reverse flow of traffic;
* Write and review maintenance and incident reports for on-site issues or concerns.
* Valid Drivers' License with good driving record;
* Knowledge and skillful implementation of federal and state regulations for work zone safety and traffic control;
* Knowledge of manual on Uniform Traffic Control Device (MUTCD) guidelines and the translation of this to control traffic by using proper devices and techniques;
* Knowledge of safety rules for construction sites and the ability to abide by them;
* 500 hours experience in traffic control flagging;
* Basic understanding of construction job sites;
* Ability to work nights, weekend and holidays if needed.
* Bi-Lingual - English/Spanish a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Outdoor work environment - ability to work in all climates - heat, cold, rain, etc.;
* Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted;
* While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to handle or feel object, tools or controls; reach with hand and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear;
* The employee is frequently required to walk fairly long distances as well as stand in a stationary position;
* Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions;
* The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and requires the use of hearing protection.
Don't miss this great opportunity!
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan. MasTec is a publically traded company MTZ (NYSE).
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.