MasTec North America, Inc. is a leading national infrastructure construction company operating throughout the United States. MasTec - Utility Services' activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you'll be joining a family, where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
MasTec Utility Services Group is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply
The Mechanic I is responsible for the maintenance and repair of heavy equipment and vehicles. This position supports the Construction team and works with personnel within the department.
1. Inspect and repair company equipment, such as pickup trucks, line trucks, trailers, mini excavators, backhoes, compressors, and generators, in a safe, timely, and cost effective manner.
2. Perform road tests and operational checks of vehicles and equipment to ensure quality of repairs and service.
3. Place orders for required parts, materials, and supplies, as required.
4. Prepare and maintain records and reports.
5. Monitor prioritized projects, activities, and assignments to ensure completion of deadlines.
6. Maintain tools, supplies, and workstations in a clean, safe and presentable manner.
7. Perform other duties as required and/or assigned
1. A High School Diploma, or equivalent.
2. Valid driver's license.
3. Knowledge of vehicle and equipment repairs, preventative maintenance, and diagnostics.
4. Knowledge of safety guidelines and procedures.
5. Ability to do tune-ups, brake jobs (hydraulic), and basic wiring.
6. Basic diesel and drive train experience.
7. Ability to use cutting torch and basic welding skills.
8. Knowledge of minor heavy equipment repairs.
9. Good verbal communication skills.
10. Precise hand-eye coordination.
11. Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more and 20 inches or less, with the ability to judge distance and space relationships.
1. 1 or more years of experience.
2. DOT Certified Flagger.
3. CDL Class A license.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job operates in a field environment. This role routinely requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, and twisting. Also, this role works in inclement weather conditions, such as extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, ice, snow, and wind.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This position is physically active, with lifting required. Must be able to bend and lift and carry up to 100 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Don't miss this great opportunity!
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan. MasTec is a publically traded company MTZ (NYSE).
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.