Optum is a company that's on therise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all,in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's abouttransforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourselfat home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Sr. Software Engineer youwill be part of the team that is transforming behavior clinical applications toa modernized platform. If you ever wanted to be part of major applicationredesign, this is the position for you. From solution design, to development,performance tuning, acceptance test and implementation you will be and hands onagent of change.
- Performing all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, and code development & testing
- Designing and implementing product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Design, develop and test reusable frameworks, libraries
- Be innovative in solution design and development to meet the needs of the business
- Expected to adapt in dynamic and collaborative work environment and make independent decision
- Understand new product capabilities and decompose the implementation into specific functional changes for verification
- Participate in Agile / Scrum methodology to deliver high - quality software releases
- Collaborate with the scrum team to meet project timelines
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance
- Perform comprehensive testing of product distributions prior to release
- Troubleshoot production support issues post - deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Setup and maintain monitoring, metrics & reportingsystems for fine-grained observability and actionable alerting
- Automate the build and deployment of infrastructure in anAzure environment
- Performance testing before deployments
- Building resilient and self-scaling systems
- Educating & empowering development teams to think ofreusable/sharable components when designing services
You'll be rewarded andrecognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you andgive you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well asprovide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+years of experience in design, development and implementation ofAngular/ReactJS framework
- 3+ years of experience working with Spring Boot Restful APIs,design patterns, coding standards and performance improvements
- 3+ years of experience working within an Agile / ScrumMethodology
- 2+years of experience working with relational databases, MySQL
- 2+ years of experience and an in-depth knowledge of Azurecloud Platform
- 2+ years of experience with configuration management andautomation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- 2+ years of experience with CI/CD tools such asJenkins
- 1+ years of experience with containers and container-relatedtechnologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Open-shift)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Experience performing root cause analysis for productionIssues
- If you need to enter awork site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using theProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering yoursymptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptomscreener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to weara mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state andlocal masking orders.
- Experience in enabling systems for Disaster Recovery,providing Redundancy and Resiliency in Architecture
- Experience with ELK stack
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with Observability and Monitoring tools likePrometheus, Grafana
- Working experience in an Ops, DevOps, or SRE role
TechnologyCareers with Optum. Information andtechnology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improvepeople's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solvethe problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it canbe used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very bestideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve thequality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and thebrightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place todo your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere:UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Actionemployer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protectedveteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity orexpression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristicprotected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace.Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr.Software Engineer, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota