Company SummaryJoin our Agency team! First American's Agency Division is dedicated to providing our policy-issuing agents with resources, services and underwriting guidance needed to achieve new levels of success. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.comJob Summary
Define business processes and system alignment. Translate business requirements into system definitions and solutions. Strategic partner, acting as liaison between the user community and the technical applications development staff (may include offshore staff). Resolve system problems to ensure customer processes run smoothly. Document business processes, training procedures, standard operating procedures, project status, etc. Implement system alignment with business processes.
- Technical and implementation focus is on providing standard applications to resolve business needs/issues.
- Participates in identifying business system requirements and related business/application solutions for a specific business need.
- Gathers customer requirements for customized system solutions and provides alternative solutions.
- Writes and maintains system documentation
- Provides training and support directly to customers.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Has basic knowledge of general business environment/operation and has general cost benefit awareness.
- Solid working knowledge of standard features/functions of one or more application to field, analyze and resolve customer issues/problems.
- Good written and oral communication skills in order to define parameters to meet business requirements.
- Identifies/receives problem, researches alternatives, prepares presentations, drives solutions, tests to confirm, gains consensus, and implements solutions for defined business processes.
- Creates documentation of business processes, training procedures, and standard operating procedures.
- Has basic understanding of Data Analysis and/or relational databases.
- Has basic understanding of system integrations and supporting technologies.
- Standard Microsoft Office skill set.
- Typically requires BS degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically 2-5 years of directly related experience
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.