HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Every day millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 4,000 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
HID PACS, located in multiple development locations across the world, is recognized as the global leader in the design, manufacture and supply of access control security technology. HID Global, the provider of trusted identities to the world's people, places and things. A leader in the commercial security industry, this established company designs and manufactures physical access control systems.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, flex spending and PTO and FTO to qualifying employees.
This position requires a highly motivated and intelligent individual who will become an expert on the HID Controller products, including Mercury Security and will make an immediate positive impact on our customers and on the team.
The Development Support Engineer will use his or hers understanding of an API and will help train and/or onboard our OEM partners. This role will also require you to analyze technical problems. You will document and resolve them to create an outstanding partner experience and enhance the team's knowledge. This role requires the use of judgment, critical thinking, risk tolerance and independent decision making when managing caseload.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Onboard and track new partners to help them through the development process; report partner status to team members and business unit.
- Develop a deep understanding of how customers use HID/Mercury access control controller products and leverage that information with new and existing customers.
- Supporting customers via email and phone with strong writing skills and excellent phone manner, respectively. Track Issues through ticket system.
- Act as a point of escalation for customer issues, providing technical assistance relating to functional issues, or product feature issues.
- Administer partner portal to include, but not limited to, knowledge base articles, FAQs, documentation, and other content.
- Work with others on the team to escalate and resolve issues, as appropriate.
- Maintain current knowledge of all product offerings and technical support procedures in order to provide accurate solutions to customers.
- Collaborating with other departments by sharing knowledge that you've gained from working directly with customers.
- Create & maintain training documents
- Continue to grow and foster the company's great rapport with customers.
- Proven ability to be flexible and learn quickly in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Managing multiple priorities
- Knowledge in security industry is a bonus (VertX products and/or Mercury products.
- A passion for exceeding customer expectations
- Confidence and strong interest in problem solving
- Ability to identify opportunities for process and product improvement
- Work independently to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS degree in a technical subject or 4+ years of experience in access control field
- Must have excellent telephone/interpersonal/communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly engage in situations, assess alternative courses of action, anticipate issues and implement programs and tactics to drive effective change to customers
- Ability to quickly comprehend and make decisions by analyzing data and reviewing technical documentation
- Must possess excellent planning and organization capabilities
- Ability to think strategically
- Must have ability to think analytically with basic understanding of data presentation methods and statistics
- Will conduct and present themselves in a businesslike and professional manner and appearance at all times
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Excellent communication skills within every level of the organization
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, Linux, etc.
- Knowledge of Windows and application logging
- Understanding of virtualization and use of VMWare, VirtualBox or other similar products.
- In depth knowledge of programming languages (C/C++, C#, .NET) to be able to review logs and small code snippets
- Experience with operation and connectivity of network devices (i.e. hubs/routers/switches).
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be a collaborative team player.
- Must have good analytical skills
- Must have the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, key personnel and suppliers.
- Sense of Urgency
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran