HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Every day millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 4,000 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
Responsible for architecting and managing aspects of the IdenTrust public key infrastructure (PKI) service platform. Installs, configures, and maintains PKI applications that support the IdenTrust infrastructure. Perform routine root key maintenance and manage all digital certificate key life cycle events including. Maintain high availability systems for certificate validation, issuance, and revocations. Ensures service levels agreement are exceeded and that systems are properly monitored to ensure they are functional.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure integrity of Root key material.
- Install and maintain Certificate management applications.
- Provide third level support for customer support.
- Participate in strategic planning, forecasting business needs and budgeting
- Remain current with technology and industry/market trends and apply to the design and management of PKI systems. Evaluating new technologies and how they can contribute to the success of IdenTrust
- Develop and maintain Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and testing plans to ensure redundancy and recoverability. Conduct annual testing of Business Continuity.
- Coordinate with System Administrators and Developers in the development / implementation / changes related to critical applications.
- Responsible for department documentation, training and knowledge base
- Responsible for maintaining a quality assurance review process of key life cycle events and ceremonies.
- Responsible for providing capability reporting and PKI platform usage
- High attention to detail and ability to organize multiple projects.
- Strong background in scheduling and forecasting technical projects.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Project management experience.
- Takes direction well and communicates well when there are questions.
- Willingness to be on a 24-hour on-call rotation.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience in computer related fields, i.e., IT Security and PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) domain.
- Preferred 2 years' experience in project management.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related discipline preferred.
- Working knowledge of PKI systems including certificate authority (CA) services, key storage mechanism and hardware security modules (HSMs), validations services such as on-line certificate status protocol (OCSP), certificate revocation lists (CRL) and various deployment methods, i.e., LDAP, HTTP, etc.
- Experience with identity-management, web-applications, OS-integration, network-security.
- Experience with document-signing, form-signing, data-protection, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Experience with CA services, including CA's, CRL's, LDAP, and OCSP
- Experience with web server certificate installations for SSL/TLS
- Experience with UNIX and NT systems
- Experience with remote computing security solutions, i.e. VPN and cryptographic solutions
- Experience with configuration and deployment of Hardware Security Modules
- Experience with all aspects of Certificate life cycle events
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages
- Passion; strives to maintain 100% uptime for customer-facing services;
- Responsive; quickly responds to, troubleshoots and reports findings in a timely manner when systems issues arise;
- Analytical; ability to assist in troubleshooting complex problems as needed;
- Simplistic; ability to explain issues at a level that can be understood by users who are not as technical or knowledgeable;
- Detailed; highly attentive to detail to minimize errors and provide high quality solutions;
- Personable; approachable and able to respond to inquiries from customers, colleagues, and auditors as needed.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Agree to, and successfully pass a comprehensive background check to include:
- Financial review (credit worthiness)
- Civil review (public records, judgments, liens, etc)
- Criminal background check
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran