Technically lead engineering teams through innovative design, development and deployment of the company’s medical device products that meet customer specifications and quality standards. Ensure alignment of product development strategy to business strategy in order to accelerate the development and commercialization of products to the market. As a member of the broader organization’s technical leadership team, promote and drive innovation and excellence through cross-functional collaboration and decision making while representing product development engineering interests.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the project/customer requirements and drive system and functional architectural decisions
- Take technical ownership of entire system from inception to product delivery including (Electrical, Software and Mechanical) architectural decisions
- Drive system requirements, system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters by using systems engineering best practices
- Drive system testing including evaluation, verification & validation activities.
- Drive system partitioning (i.e. hardware/software partitioning) and coordinate total system integration.
- Solve system problems through simulation, mathematical analysis, and/or systems interaction testing/analysis.
- Lead integration of product technologies with respect to mechanical, electrical, firmware and software for multiple on-going projects
- Facilitate cross-functional technical decision making with ultimate ownership within the team
- Key stakeholder in the technical development strategy for the project
- Internal and external stakeholder communication on key technical updates and issues
- Work with internal/external partners as necessary to leverage key capabilities as needed for the project
- Interface directly with leadership team on project status/issues
- Mentor engineers in engineering activities/methodologies and domain knowledge
- Drive systems engineering center of excellence as key discipline across the organization.
- Execute risk management/mitigation activities and system issue resolution for the project.