Quality Systems Product Owners are assigned to various improvement and system projects involving multi-functional areas in order to deliver significant business improvement impacts across the UHC Benefit Operations organization. This position will support the development of the systems needed to provide efficient process delivery as well as actionable insights and root cause analysis for continuous improvement to the UnitedHealthcare Benefit Operations enterprise.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform analysis to understand feasibility and/or impact of potential new features
- Complete data analysis to ensure proper integrations with databases, APIs, and vendor tools
- Determine the priority of features within each release with business and IT teams
- Write features with user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Provide product/feature vision and background to the scrum team
- Assist scrum master with sprint planning and communicate progress
- Review test scripts written by UAT Team
- Provide end-of-sprint demos to internal teams and stakeholders
- Work cross functionally to create future state system release plans, and implementation recommendations with a balance between short term gains and strategic imperatives
- Communicate any deviations from planned deliverables to stakeholders
- Create and maintain a prioritized backlog
- Work effectively with programmers, technical support staff, product owners, internal and external department management and vendors to ensure timely/quality project deliverables
- Assist with system and/or process testing activities, including defect identification and resolution
- Perform other duties as required to achieve the goals and objectives of the company and department
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience
- 5+ years of experience in Product Owner role
- Scrum Master or Product Owner certification
- Understand fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- MS Office skills including Teams, Visio, and Project
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- MIS degree, and/or advanced degree in business, technology, or health care related field
- 3+ years of experience as a PO with Pega or other rule-based routing BPM systems
- Application of quality engineering, lean/six sigma and/or process improvement principles
- Self-starter that demonstrates accountability and ownership of their work, capable of precisely communicating by providing relevant information to cross functional groups through appropriate communication channels, and a team player willing to freely share knowledge, resources, and information
- Data driven, yet comfortable with ambiguity and able to balance a bias for action with an understanding of appropriate risk
- Ability to prioritize, run many parallel projects and deliver on time with outstanding quality of content and form
- Natural curiosity to continuously learn new systems, quickly leverage learnings as part of day-to-day role and share learnings across broader team
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Quality Systems Product Owner, Product Owner, Scrum Master, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota