HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Every day millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 4,000 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
HID PACS, located in multiple development locations across the world, is recognized as the global leader in the design, manufacture and supply of access control security technology. HID Global, the provider of trusted identities to the world's people, places and things. A leader in the commercial security industry, this established company designs and manufactures physical access control systems.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, flex spending and PTO and FTO to qualifying employees.
As a quality assurance engineer at HID Global you will work as part of a team to provide testing services including manual and automated functional testing, you will become familiar with the HID Global products and features and you will become proficient with toolsets such as JIRA Agile.
You will collaborate with developers and other quality assurance engineers to understand and clarify software requirements, develop test cases and develop your product knowledge. You will use internally developed automated testing tool to develop automated testing scripts and you will execute both manual and automated functional tests as well as performance tests.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in computer science or equivalent degree and 1-3 years of software/firmware quality assurance experience. You must be able to communicate clearly, demonstrate an investigative nature and be able to assess a situation or a set of conditions and determine a course of action quickly and effectively. You should be a self-starter who can work closely with the development team to discover, report and validate fixes for issues.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong background in quality assurance methodologies
- Collaborate with a team of quality assurance engineers
- Maintain current quality standards to meet customer expectations
- Review and develop test plans which incorporate both positive and negative test cases
- Drive automated testing and system level test development.
Education and/or Experience
- Experience with functional and regression testing.
- Experience with test planning and test case development.
- Windows and Linux O/S knowledge including performance monitoring and network topologies.
- 2+ years of practical Software QA Engineering experience with Windows/Linux-based applications required.
- Strong background in Quality Assurance methodologies.
- Working knowledge in defect management and tracking system.
- Ability to document test results in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience with black box testing techniques and methodologies.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and analysis skills.
- Exceptional communication skills in order to articulate quality assurance practices.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision with set priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure with short-term deadlines.
- BS in Computer Science required or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Physical Access Control Systems is a tremendous benefit.
- Test lab and test bed development and maintenance.
- Experience with testing Web Services.
- Experience testing embedded applications.
- Understanding of basic networking skills
- Familiarity with cyber security related tools and testing methodologies
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, mainly Windows and Linux
- Experience testing web user interfaces and web services
- Experience with automated testing and automation tools
- Experience testing embedded products as well as software applications
Highlight knowledge, skills, abilities and traits necessary in this role to satisfy our customer's expectations
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be a collaborative team player.
- Must have good analytical skills
- Must have the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, key personnel and suppliers.
- Sense of Urgency
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Travel and fieldwork including international travel, therefore employee must possess or can acquire a valid passport.
- Must be legally eligible to work the country you are hired.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran