Technical know how is one thing. But then there's knowing how to guide customers to see and embrace a new point of view. If you're at that point in your career, let's put your unique skills to work in a more impactful way. Optum is bringing technology solutions to customers across the health system. As part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. It's time to take on new challenges.
- Perform all phases of software engineering including PI planning, requirement assessments, requirements analysis, architectural review/design, sprinting, automation & production support.
- Design and implement product features including reusable components, frameworks and libraries in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Develop product/software code as defined in technical specifications
- Work very closely with architecture groups and drive solution
- Participate in Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Drive quality engineering in all phases of lifecycle including; Requirements definition, Unit, Functional, Non-Functional, Regression, Integration and Performance testing, maximizing automation and ROI
- Active engagements in sprint processes like sprint planning, story sizing, business DEMO & retrospectives
- Operates within established methodologies, procedures, and guidelines
- Support & guide new Java DevOps employees within the team
- Evaluate the system & designs and share opportunities to optimize the application & improve team's efficiency in delivering faster & cleaner
- Aggressively learn technical & functional aspects of the application/system
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of additional software engineering experience in addition to minimum requirements in leui of degree
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of (Java/Cloud/Micro-service) development experience
- 2+ years of experience in Docker, Container Platforms & Kubernetes
- 2+ years of experience with XML/JSON
- 2+ years of experience with CI/CD Tools - Jenkins, Git, Gradle, SonarQube & Fortify
- 2+ years of experience with ORM tools - Hibernate, JPA, or JDBC
- Demonstrated success designing and building high-quality commercial software applications
- Experience delivering software using an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Expertise across the entire SDLC
- Understanding of SOA design principles
- Working knowledge of APIs
- Experience implementing large-scale/high performance multi-tier web applications across multiple technology domains
- Experience in the health care industry
- Test Automation Tools - JUNIT, Rest Assured, SOAP UI, Postman, Cucumber
- Databases - MySQL, Cassandra
- Cloud computing platforms/services
- UI/UX - Angular JS, React JS, Chart JS, D3
- Message Streaming - Kafka. IBM MQ, Rabbit MQ
- Monitoring Tools - SPLUNK, Prometheus/Grafana, Zipkin, ZuuL, Sleuth, Elasticsearch, Logstash Kibana
- BRM - Drool
- Delivery Model - CA Rally
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software Engineer, Java Developer, Senior Software, Engineer/Senior Java Developer, Java, Spring, Software Engineering, Agile