The Quality Assurance Automation Engineer Senior is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, enhancing and executing automated testing of web, mobile and windows applications for both on premise and cloud-based applications. In addition, the position is responsible for mentoring, training and assisting other Quality Assurance Engineers with building and maintaining automated test suites.
- Perform various types of automated testing such as functional, load, stress and performance testing using our testing tools through comprehensive test scenarios. This includes designing, developing and maintaining automated test sets for on premise and cloud-based software to ensure that software meets design requirements, usability, functional and security standards
- Work with the Development, QA and Infrastructure leadership and team members to define process, strategy and tools associated with automation
- Lead and mentor other QA team members in the principles, practice and implementation of automated testing in their areas of responsibility
- Attend Project/Team meetings and contribute feedback based on testing results and status on project deliverables. May serve as a consultant on complex projects or give high level estimates even if not assigned to the specific project
- Lead reporting of automation progress, effectiveness and results across the IT enterprise
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Proficient with test automation tools and technologies and knowledge of code logic to support the tools and tests
- Strong SQL knowledge and understanding of relational DBs
- Understand the importance of application code testing at the appropriate level (unit, interface, API, UX)
- Thorough understanding of Quality Assurance processes for software application testing
- Thorough knowledge of designated testing tool suite such as Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Basic knowledge of development platforms, such as PeopleSoft, Microsoft Dynamics.Net, HTML, etc.
Special Requirements Specific to Job:
- Work effectively with minimal supervision, a self-starter, self-motivated team player able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Work closely with developers to efficiently and effectively work through testing
- Ability to keep up with new technologies and take initiative without prompting
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- 3-5 years of experience with proven experience developing automated test systems using industry recognized testing tools
- Experience with leading small project-based teams of testers
- Experience with Selenium, Telerik, SmartBear and/or Microsoft automated and performance testing tools
- Experience with automated testing of application solutions hosted in Microsoft Azure and/or AWS
- Experience with integrating test automation into continuous integration/continuous development functions
- Work closely with product team on ensuring clear user acceptance criteria
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible in rearranging priorities across multiple projects and deadlines
- Collaborative, consultative mindset
- Experience working on agile teams
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.