MasTec North America, Inc. is a leading national infrastructure construction company operating throughout the United States. MasTec - Utility Services Group's activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you'll be joining a family, where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
The Directional Drill Operator/Locator is responsible for safely operating the directional drill to place product underground then locate the drill head to understand elevation changes and make decisions on depths to drill at to avoid hitting underground utilities. This position supports the Line team and works with personnel within the department.
1. A High School Diploma, or equivalent.
2. 1 year of relevant experience.
3. CDL Class A license with tanker endorsement.
4. OSHA 10 Certification.
5. Precise hand-eye coordination.
6. Good written and verbal communication skills.
7. Ability to do some maintenance of drill equipment and mixing unit.
8. Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more and 20 inches or less, with the ability to judge distance and space relationships.
9. Ability to identify and distinguish colors of utility flags and markings on the ground.
1. 3 or more years of experience.
2. Ability to clearly communicate instructions to assist with training.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job operates in a field environment. This role routinely requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, and twisting. Also, working in inclement weather conditions, such as extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, ice, snow, and wind.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This position is physically active, with lifting required. Must be able to bend and lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The Company reserves the right to revise or change the job duties as the need arises. Management reserves the right to change the description, duties or work schedules to accommodate individuals with disabilities.