Job Title:Sr Strategic Sourcing Specialist Indirect - Memphis TN
Let Wright be your "Destination Workplace"
Monday to Friday
8-5pm with flexibility
Wright Medical is hiring a Sr Strategic Sourcing Specialist Indirect. This position will be based out of Memphis, TN and will report into the Global Director of Indirect Sourcing. A promising applicant will be required to work independently and exhibit peer leadership. Successful candidates will be able to independently mine/identify and execute value-driven cost savings projects across a variety of Indirect spend categories, with a primary focus on Professional Services. You will be part of the Global Indirect Sourcing team that is responsible for managing and influencing spend and savings across multiple categories, including, but not limited to: Facilities, Contingent Labor, MRO, Equipment, Marketing, IT, Professional Services, Legal, HR and Travel. You will be assigned specific manufacturing sites, R&D locations, business unit HQs, and indirect spend categories and will have direct responsibility for managing that spend. You will partner with global business leaders and multiple site-level stakeholders to leverage and implement procurement strategies within Wright Medical. Through strategic leadership, you will work to optimize indirect services in terms of quality, response time, and total cost of ownership.
- Perform detailed analytics to understand spend and identify stakeholders.
- Develop a global category strategy, including projects impacting a number of sub-categories.
- Communicate the category strategy (annually) and rally stakeholder support.
- Plan and execute projects, including RFx activities, to deliver cost savings and reduce recurring spend.
- Negotiate contracts to meet pre-determined objectives related to quality, cost, service and risk-prevention.
- Guarantee and audit the effectiveness of procure-to-pay (P2P) processes and ensure timely payment of invoices.
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline of cost-saving projects and triage any issues impacting projects.
- Maintain primary ownership and accountability for at least one global category and all of its sub-categories.
- Provide concise and professional communication with suppliers and business stakeholders on project milestones.
- Develop reports and perform presentations for key leaders pertaining to performance to key metrics and targets.
What It Takes:
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
- Data Analysis and Visualization
- RFx and eAuction/Reverse Auction
- Contract Negotiation
- Systems: ERP, eSourcing and basic business productivity (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Financial Validation and Reporting
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Engineering, Physical Sciences or Social Sciences with training or certification in Category Management or Professional Services
- Minimum of four years in Purchasing, Planning or Sourcing in a cost-savings focused environment
- Demonstrated success in developing and fostering relationships with suppliers while driving lower cost and superior performance
- Working knowledge of Supplier contract language, legal warranty and indemnification a plus
- Working knowledge of an integrated planning system; JD Edwards or SAP a plus.
- Lean, Six Sigma experience a plus
- 10-20% travel may be required
Will You Join?
Tornier is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.