Job Title:Principal Software Engineer, Cloud Platform - Bloomington, MN
Let Wright be your "Destination Workplace"
Come be a part of our growing Digital Team. We are developing innovative software to as part of our product portfolio.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will independently design and implement complex software, along with architecture and design documentation, for a cloud-based service layer and applicable applications. Candidates should be passionate about delivering technically rigorous, highly available systems and developing market leading software that meets demanding customer and system requirements.
- Architect and design systems that meet user needs, partnering with product leaders.
- Apply software engineering principles to ensure that application software products are safe, robust, and user-friendly.
- Implement, evaluate and select new technologies and new platforms.
- Ensure that organizational engineering practices are effective and efficient by monitoring the best industry practices and making recommendations.
- Train and mentor engineers and work closely with peers.
What it takes:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or similar required. Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of test automation framework and development experience
- Previous technical leadership experience
- Experience in medical device software or biomedical application development is a plus
- Expertise in Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OODA) using Java, C++ or C#
- Demonstrated experience in designing and documenting software architecture
- Demonstrated expertise in microservice-based architectures and modern approaches (tools such as envoy, kafka, redis, etc.)
- Strong core computer science background in areas such as data structures, algorithms, software architecture, complexity analysis, optimization, etc.
Will you join us?
Tornier is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.