HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Every day millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 4,000 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
About HID PACS Business Area:
HID PACS, located in multiple development locations across the world, is recognized as the global leader in the design, manufacture and supply of access control security technology. HID Global, the provider of trusted identities to the world's people, places and things. A leader in the commercial security industry, this established company designs and manufactures physical access control systems.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, flex spending and PTO and FTO to qualifying employees.
Quality Assurance Manager to lead a team on the testing of embedded devices and systems for the security industry. Candidate should have an excellent background in Quality Assurance practices to help drive the team at improving the current processes and implement more automated and system level testing. The QA Manager collaborates with other department leaders, developers and product management to understand and clarify software/firmware/system requirements and product knowledge.
As the manager, you will need to become a subject matter expert in multiple areas of the product. Additionally, you will mentor other QA members and provide training/coaching to the team.
The ideal candidate will have previous management experience in a team environment, along with a degree in computer science (or related equivalent) and ideally 7 years of quality assurance experience within a software/systems environment. You must be able to communicate clearly, demonstrate an investigative nature and be able to assess a situation or a set of conditions and determine a course of action quickly and effectively.
This is a key role which will positively impact customer satisfaction and it is important that the Quality Assurance Manager is capable of designing test plans from a customer Ux experience perspective in addition to validating that feature and reliability requirements are met.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong background in quality assurance methodologies
- Manage a team of quality assurance engineers
- Maintain current quality standards to meet customer expectations
- Review and develop test plans which incorporate both positive and negative test cases
- Drive automated testing and system level test development.
- Track metrics around performance and quality
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Management or Team Leader experience (qualification desirable)
- 5+ years of experience and knowledge of QA tools, processes, and strategies
- Ability to work on complex tasks with minimal technical guidance
- Familiar with working in an agile environment
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience with networking and network related tools
- Experience with Physical Access Control Systems is a tremendous benefit.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with Linux operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
- Experience testing web user interfaces and web services
- Experience with automated testing and automation tools
- Experience testing embedded products as well as software applications
Highlight knowledge, skills, abilities and traits necessary in this role to satisfy our customer's expectations
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be a collaborative team player and leader.
- Must have good analytical skills
- Must have the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, key personnel and suppliers.
- Be Professionalism, Accuracy, Respect, Sense of Urgency, Dedication, Follow-up/through
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in an office environment, with in a well ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Travel and fieldwork including international travel, therefore employee must possess or can acquire a valid passport.
- Must be legally eligible to work the country you are hired.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at email@example.com, to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.