Our purpose is to serve the nation with the single most trusted and capable health information network, built to increase patient safety,lower costs and ensure quality care.What You're Like
What We're Like
You play in the intersection of creativity and strategy. You're connected to movers and shakers, and you know how to work a room. You like to be close to the action of bringing that strategy to life in new and cool ways. You are an authority on big ideas. But you are grounded in good data, real market insights and measurable results.
OK, But Here's What It's Really Like
Surescripts Marketing is a creative, collaborative and diverse team that lives by the motto, digital first. We have serious hustlewe're always taking care of business and thinking about our next move. We're storytellers, promoters and go-getters, but we stay grounded in our collective purpose: to unleash the potential of a connected healthcare system. We welcome the intensity of our goals and the seriousness of our work, but we also have plenty of fun.
Working in Marketing at Surescripts, you'll be challenged by competing priorities and juggling long-term goals with short-term needs. In this industry, the pressure is always on. You'll be called on to use your best judgment, to communicate crazy-effectively and bring your energy, positivity and general brilliance to the table every day. We celebrate our hard-won accomplishments, but we don't cheat ourselves out of learning from our missteps.
The Product Marketing Manager exhibits a deep understanding of markets and buyers in order to devise and lead a product's go-to-market strategy. Although the product-marketing manager does not have direct reports, he/she must work cross-functionally within the Marketing team, unifying and motivating peers from different teams (product management, customer group, activation, sales operations, finance, marketing communications, interactive marketing, and segment marketing and sales).
The Product Marketing Manager will be assigned to solution areas within the portfolio on a rotational basis depending on the needs and priorities of the business. Work on each solution area will start with clearly devising and articulating the messaging we bring to market based on a deep understanding of market needs, competitive alternatives and our solution differentiators. The product marketing manager will also devise and lead the development and deployment of the marketing plan that brings that message to our sales team and to the market segments involved in each solution.Responsibilities
- Define the target market/s and persona/s for each solution. Conduct market and customer research to gather insight about the market, personas, buyer needs and purchasing process.
- Develop product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonate with the buying audience and produce the source messaging blueprint for sales and marketing teams.
- Develop product-level marketing plan, sales enablement plan, launch plan (if needed) and solution handbook for use by marketing and sales.
- Collaborate with marketing peers and resources to produce relevant content for target buyers such as web-pages, articles, press releases, customer testimonials, campaigns.
- Develop sales enablement tools such as competitive comparison guides, messaging maps, FAQs, PowerPoints, etc.
- Assist in product naming as needed, providing market, competitive and customer context and leveraging our naming algorithm.
- Provide market and buyer insights to drive the development of campaign strategies including demand creation and reputation building.
- Develop customer testimonials and case studies, working with the content marketing team, for external and internal use.
- Monitor and report on the performance of market-facing marketing programs and sales enablement programs.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of progressive product marketing experience
- Product marketing experience for a technology company in a B2B sales environment
- Experience developing product positioning and developing and delivering targeted marketing plans using a full range of marketing disciplines, including but not limited to digital marketing, social media, interactive media, video, advertising, tradeshows/events, direct marketing, press relations, sales training and support, and collateral creation
- Experience communicating with and influencing individuals at all levels of the organization
- Product launch and brand positioning experience
- Demonstrated strong project management skills
- Demonstrated strong communication skills - writing, presentation development and delivery
- Strong analytical skills and business judgment, with the ability to discern market requirements from market preferences
- High proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor degree in Liberal Arts, Journalism or Marketing
- Masters of Business Administration
- Healthcare experience ideally with EHR, health plan, PBM, pharmacy or health system
- Product management and/or sales experience is a plus
- Experience marketing in the health information technology (HIT) space
- Preferred experience marketing to hospitals, health systems and/or pharmacies
- Strong business acumen
- Certification by Pragmatic Marketing or Sirius Decisions for Product Marketing skills
- Experience with management and administration of marketing elements within SalesForce.com (CRM)
- Experience with project management programs, such as Basecamp, JIRA, etc.
- Familiarity with marketing automation and/or email marketing technology, such as Eloqua, Marketo, HubSpot, Pardot, Exact Target, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Disabled/Vets