What is the opportunity?
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will partner across IT and other business line(s) to assess and research business, technical and system needs. Put your technical skills to use to translate business requirements into technical solutions to meet our current and future business needs. We also need you to be a technical lead and provide expertise to agile scrum teams ensuring the smooth delivery and growth of knowledge for business application solutions and tools.
What will you do?
- Assesses and researches business and system needs, exploring alternative options to recommend technology solutions and designs that meet sponsor needs and PLC deliverables including component reusability, data sharing and security.
- Leads detailed design phases for small to large projects/ programs identifying, tracking and resolving technical issues and prepares high level and detailed technical specifications for small to medium projects in accordance with PLC, security and architecture documentation objectives.
- Together with Scrum Master, finds best mix of development, interfacing applications, third party vendor solutions to meet business requirements and project objectives.
- Contributes to successful project completion by identifying risks and developing/recommending mitigation strategies.
- Organizes and participates in walkthrough reviews of all technical specifications, programs and unit test plans and conducts code reviews to ensure code is most effective and meets established standards.
- Develops, codes, documents and executes unit test, system, integration and acceptance test using different languages and testing tools for functions of high complexity and ensures adequate technical documentation and training. Develops detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project.
- Ensures correct details necessary for implementation are captured accurately and timely.
- Effectively communicates and builds rapport with team members, stakeholders and interface groups using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to close. Also, provides direction, expertise, feedback, coaching and development to build the capability of junior staff.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with 7+ years’ Information Technology experience with heavily integrated applications
- Experience with SpringBoot process development, execution & support
- Design and development in Middleware technologies (ex. MuleSoft, Apigee, MQSeries/Websphere) and knowledge of different programming languages (e.g. .NET, Java strongly preferred, Python, Eclipse, HTML)
- Knowledge of OAuth Security, GIT, Jenkins, Gradle
- Experience deploying and configuring Applications hosted and deployed on Windows servers and experience working with JAVA running on both WAS and pivotal cloud foundry platforms.
- Strong understanding of Agile Scrum practices
- Familiarity with cloud solutions (e.g. Azure, Openshift, pivotal cloud foundry preferred)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including great benefits, annual incentive program and recognition
- Leaders who support your development
- A dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and grow your career
- Work-life integration
- Positive work culture emphasizing diversity and inclusion, volunteerism and community involvement
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at .
Address: 60 South 6th St, 17th floor
Work Hours/Week: 40
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Regular - U.S.
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 11/08/2020
Platform: Wealth Management
Req ID: 262820
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.