What is the opportunity?
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will partner across Technology to assess, research, and analyze business, technical and system needs. You will also recommend technology solutions that meet sponsor/stakeholder needs.
What will you do?
- Provide on-call support of one of RBC’s top critical applications, one internal & one 3rd party application.
- Effectively communicate and builds rapport with team members, stakeholders and other technology groups.
- Facilitate small to large group meetings for technical design, decision-making and problem solving.
- Resolve conflicts/issues and escalates as appropriate.
- Represent the department in requirements gathering and walkthrough sessions.
- Create well-planned and efficient documents effectively using design and development standards while optimizing system performance to meet the Business requirements and specifications.
- Provide input and co-ordinate with DBA in creating new and modifying existing database structures.
- Develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project.
What do you need to succeed?
- 5+ years of experience in a senior technology lead role, in application and product development, preferably in a financial institution
- Proven ability to lead time sensitive incidents to resolution
- Ability to make decisions under pressure to resolve incidents in a timely manner
- 5+ years of COBOL experience, JCL, SQL, DB2
- Proven ability in driving and influencing organizational and technical change through innovation and current technologies
- Demonstrated hands on experience in development management process best practices and working in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Proven ability to provide technical strategy and the anticipation of obtaining resolution of project issues
- Experience fostering the adoption of AGILE development, Cloud technology, Digital transformation concepts and governance
- Familiarity with Wealth Management Front, Middle and Back office processes
- Working knowledge of KAFKA or other stream-processing software platforms
- C++, .NET, and/or JAVA development experience
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including great benefits, annual incentive program and recognition
- Leaders who support your development
- A dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and grow your career
- Work-life integration
- Positive work culture emphasizing diversity and inclusion, volunteerism and community involvement
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at .
Address: 60 South 6th St, 17th floor
Work Hours/Week: 40
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Regular - U.S.
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 11/08/2020
Platform: Wealth Management
Req ID: 257376
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.