At Surescripts, our Purpose is to serve the nation with the single most trusted and capable health information network, built to increase patient safety, lower costs and ensure quality care.
This position will be responsible for overseeing the governance framework of onboarding customers to ensure appropriate and effective usage of our products and solutions. This position chairs our Network Access Committee that validates whether we have available solutions for potential partners and leads our Compliance team to ensure and implement policies and procedures to enhance our network trust framework.Responsibilities
- Ensure that Surescripts has the technical, analytics, legal, and business framework to ensure all customer network activity falls within our data rights, is targeted to clearly agreed and defined markets, and is being used to support the core tenets of our Purpose with our Alliance Partners including aggregators.
- Develop proactive standard operating procedure for monitoring and enforcement to continually review real time network transactions.
- Evaluate and refine the current network access process including policies and procedures for customer entrance, onboarding, data access, use, and reporting:
- Develop and publish network access reports by data domains and risk scores on monthly basis. Exception reporting will be done daily with other updates done daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Continue to evolve the Network Access Committee, and define the program charter including when, what, and how the committee will be utilized. Properly define the committee members roles and responsibilities.
- Develop and lead a disciplined approach to growing and deepening the Surescripts Network Alliance by developing a systematic vetting process of new and expanded partnerships while protecting the rights of patients and our data supply partners.
- Manage the Surescripts Network Compliance & Audit Function. Assess current compliance function and expand it to our connected entities including data rights, applicable laws, certification, etc. Partner with our most mature partners to gather and align on best practices.
- Keep abreast of new regulations (Information Blocking, TEFCA, etc) and adapt function as necessary.
- Partner with our product governance implementation and certification team. Ensure conformance and identify utilization norms. Drive measurability and increase performance through identification and utilization of optional, incentive driven continuous quality improvements.
- Assess the need for related education and communications (both internally and externally). Develop, implement and evaluate these programs with the appropriate departments.
- Establish and cultivate strong working relationships with business partners. This includes working closely with Product Innovation, Information Security, Sales Operations, Account Executives, Security, Legal, Marketing and others to share knowledge of processes, risks and loss prevention activities.
- Ability to travel to Surescripts locations within the United States approximately 15%.
- Compliance and Data Governance
- Experience working with Data Privacy in an Enterprise Business Environment
- 5+ years managing a team
- Bachelor's degree in an IT or business-related field and 10-15 years of experience or equivalent
- Masters' Degree in Business or an IT related field
- 10+ years' experience working with legal, business, and technical teams to assess data use by clients, employees, and others who have legal access to our network
Physical and Mental Requirements
While performing duties of this job, an employee may be required to perform any, or all of the following: attend meetings in and out of the office, travel (sometimes extensively), communicate effectively (both orally and in writing), and be able to effectively use computers and other electronic and standard office equipment with, or without, a reasonable accommodation. Additionally, this job requires certain mental demands, including the ability to use judgement, withstand moderate amounts of stress and maintain attention to detail with, or without, a reasonable accommodation.
Surescripts is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Disabled/Vets