Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver exceptional customer service for our retail parts business.
- Greet customers and assist in parts selection.
- Answer questions, provide price quotes, inform of companion part requirements and specials in-person and over the phone.
- Keep customers informed on status of special order and back-order parts.
- Receive, locate, bill and fulfill orders.
- Handle customer returns.
- Manage inventory levels to achieve target turns while minimizing stockouts and lost sales.
- Relieve the inventory of slow and non-moving stock
- Create sales opportunities in parts department.
- Oversee parts warranty procedures.
- Assist with reviewing part costs and controlling retail pricing of parts with guidance from the SBU.
- Work with Parts Manager and Human Resources to assist in the selection, hiring, training and development of employees.
- Provide training and guidance for various Parts Department functions, as necessary.
- Direct and mentor employees and ensure all duties are completed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- High School Diploma required.
- Two (2) years work experience in a heavy duty truck parts department preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Ability to work effectively with peers to implement business process changes.
- Proficient skills with employee development and supervision skills, and inventory management.
- Experienced with basic software programs.
Education: High school diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience and/or Training: 5 years experience in heavy duty truck parts department management.
Licenses/Certificates: Valid driver’s license required; CDL preferred.
Technology/Equipment: Experience with basic software programs.
Physical and mental demands:
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk; or hear. The employee is frequently required to use a phone, personal computer, copier, and printer/scanners. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
JX Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.