HID Global is looking for a Materials Engineer who will be primarily responsible for the design, development and qualification of consumable products that are used in identification card printers.
YOU - should/will demonstrate a high level of confidence, initiative, and ownership of your tasks. Is this a job for you? If yes, please read on and apply today!
HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Every day millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design, development, implementation and evaluation of printer consumables
- Works as a liaison between suppliers and design engineering to specify, develop, scale up and implement new product consumables
- Leads and participates in improvements during development and design to improve product quality and/or process efficiency
- Leads and participates in problem solving activities, familiar with failure analysis tools to help determine root cause
- Leads small projects
- Recommends and implements improvements after product launch to improve product reliability, quality and/or yield
- Generates and executes thorough test plans, performing data analysis on the data collected
- Provides technical recommendations based on data
- Works with general supervision, providing status updates as necessary
- Prepares presentations to internal or external audiences as necessary
Required Knowledge / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, materials engineering or materials science, or equivalent experience
- 1 - 4 years of chemical or materials engineering experience
- Process engineering experience (preferred)
- High level of curiosity and creativity combined with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Highly proactive and results oriented
- Apply appropriate technology to gain and sustain technical competitive advantage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
In addition, successful candidates will have the following profile:
- Risk taker
- Creative problem solver
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to self-prioritize
- Ability to manage upward
- Ability to make decisive decisions even when there is ambiguity
- Proficiency in MS Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
- 5% Travel and fieldwork including international travel, therefore employee must possess or can acquire a valid Passport
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems
This position is based in Eden Prairie, MN. No relocation is available for this position. No phone calls or agencies please. If interested, please submit your resume by clicking on the 'Apply button' on the HIDGlobal.com career page.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at email@example.com to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.