HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Everyday millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
We are an exceptional team in pioneering new, people-centric approaches to power the trusted identities required to navigate the physical and cyber worlds with confidence. And we are actively looking for engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals to join our rapidly growing team!
If you want to be part of pioneer players at a company that is changing the world, please read on!
We're looking for someone who is passionate about serving others who will lead a team responsible for helping our customers resolve problems with their network connectivity. We believe it's crucial to provide excellent service to our customers, eliminating the typical finger-pointing that happens in IT, through skillful and diligent troubleshooting. We also believe it's critical to help one another as we seek to provide that level of service to our customers. Ideal candidate will have a strong background in customer service and customer-facing communication as well as a proven track record of servant leadership and management of a technical team.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Customer calls and escalations: We take our customers' network uptime very seriously. In a difficult situation, you will join one of our support specialists or engineers as they work with the customer by phone and through email to ease their concerns. If a customer is complaining, then their complaint needs to be escalated internally, so you'll gather details to simplify the escalation process.
- Hiring: You'll post role descriptions, read resumes, send out questionnaires, interview, evaluate, and recommend potential new team members.
- Quality control: You'll organize quality audits for calls and tickets and provide constructive feedback to the team.
- Monitoring KPIs: For our support ticketing system, you'll be gathering and monitoring key performance data so our customers are being served well, our support team's workload is kept reasonable, and so we know when to hire additional team members.
- Managing attendance: You'll cooperate with our growing 24/7 support team to schedule regular weekly hours and to manage their on-call rotations. Work-life balance is very important at HID, so you'll need to help team members try to hit that balance given their unique situations and qualifications. This also involves managing a phone queue configuration.
- At HID you'll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats. Additional responsibilities and projects can vary each day, so you'll need to be flexible and willing to serve the team in whatever capacity may be needed. This is one more reason why people say they enjoy working here.
- Teaching and mentoring the team in how best to serve our customers and each other. Gently teach character and guide each team member in their professional development.
- Project management: Our multidisciplinary support team is responsible for numerous projects. You'll loosely oversee them as they manage their own projects and provide status updates to the director of support.
- Weekly one-on-ones: You'll meet weekly with each team member to gather information about how they're doing and how we can best serve the team and our customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A passion for humbly serving customers and partners.
- Five years in a customer-oriented, customer-facing position.
- Two years in a management role for a customer-facing highly technical team.
- Excellence at clearly and warmly communicating in written and spoken English. The courage and compassion to speak to an upset customer if needed. A second language is a plus.
- Well-organized and detail oriented, with project-management experience.
- General industry understanding of Internet service and associated technologies, including things like IP addresses, VoIP, and cloud computing. A networking background is a plus but is not required.
- Self-starter approach to identifying and accomplishing goals. Experience at a fast-paced startup company a plus.
- Skilled at using Microsoft Office and a ticketing system such as Zendesk. Experience with a CRM or configuring a phone system is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to handle calls and other situations after hours if needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in an office environment, within a well ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed and/or work with chemicals as listed in our MSDS book. (delete if not applicable)
- Employee works primarily in a home office environment.
- The home office must be a well-defined work area, separate from normal domestic activity and complete with all essential technology including, but not limited to; separate phone, scanner, printer, computer, etc. as required in order to effectively perform their duties.
Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at email@example.com, to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.