HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Everyday millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
We are an exceptional team in pioneering new, people-centric approaches to power the trusted identities required to navigate the physical and cyber worlds with confidence. And we are actively looking for engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals to join our rapidly growing team!
If you want to be part of pioneer players at a company that is changing the world, please read on!
The Director of Technical Support is responsible for executing the Technical Support strategy and tactics that will improve the customer experience and build emotional loyalty allowing greater impact to overall sales and revenue. The focus is to drive the business forward in creating stronger relationships, converting more prospects to become customers, increasing sales, managing a large budget, creating operational efficiency, and lastly creating a fun and motivational environment that attracts the best of the best.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and achieve Technical Support objectives and goals to support the organizational vision.
- Manage and direct a team of Technical Support, Business Services and Service Resolution and
- Technical Processing Leaders while leading the development of the vision and strategy for the Sales & Professional Service team.
- Assisting in developing an annual business plan to incorporate best call centre practices to meet market and company needs.
- Ensuring targeted service and performance standards are achieved or exceeded.
- Executing tactical plans and initiatives that exceed customer expectations via phone, email and web-resulting in increased customer satisfaction and sales and Associate satisfaction that will be realized in lower attrition and higher productivity.
- Executing additional projects such as synergy initiatives with other departments, succession planning, hiring and training practices, best sales and coaching practices, cross-functional corporate initiatives.
- Establishing and managing communication channels within and among departments-being the liaison to provide customer feedback to the Senior Management Team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills including, mentoring, coaching, presentation skills and the ability to interact with colleagues at all technical levels Dynamic, energetic, motivated, positive outlook with the ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities Ability to communicate with and understand the requirements of professional staff in area of specialty and communicate these requirements to technical staff
Education and/or Experience
- Possess a Bachelor Degree or College Diploma in a relevant field preferred
- Extensive experience in a leadership or management role, preferably in the Internet sector
- Strong technical background
- Previous experience with process improvement
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
- Experience with Tech Support systems like JIRA and Salesforce.com
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in an office environment, within a well ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed and/or work with chemicals as listed in our MSDS book. (delete if not applicable)
- Employee works primarily in a home office environment.
- The home office must be a well-defined work area, separate from normal domestic activity and complete with all essential technology including, but not limited to; separate phone, scanner, printer, computer, etc. as required in order to effectively perform their duties.
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Travel and fieldwork, including international travel may be required. Therefore, employee must possess, or be able to acquire a valid passport.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which you are hired.
Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.