HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Everyday millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
We are an exceptional team in pioneering new, people-centric approaches to power the trusted identities required to navigate the physical and cyber worlds with confidence. And we are actively looking for engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals to join our rapidly growing team!
If you want to be part of pioneer players at a company that is changing the world, please read on!
We are currently seeking a Senior Technical Support Engineer in Fremont, CA. The primary objectives of the role are to troubleshoot and reproduce technical customer issues. This position will support the HID Global - Identity Assurance Business Segment.
Technical Support engineers are responsible for troubleshooting technical problems reported by HID Global customers. Communication skills, both technical and social, are highly important in this role. Complex customer environments must be meticulously reproduced and problems vetted before logging bugs with our Quality and Engineering teams. Other stakeholders such as Sales or Professional Services may also be involved in some issues and it is the support engineer who owns the Case to keep everyone on the same page. All the while, it is of the utmost importance that the customer must be kept up to date in a timely fashion as to the progress of their issue which requires time management skills as well.
- Efficient, effective communication both with customers and within internal departments
- Methodical troubleshooting, technical skill and attention to detail used in diagnosing problems, reproducing issues in a local environment, and testing proposed fixes from engineering
- Common sense and organizational skills to address challenging and complex questions in an adaptive, high-tech environment
- Multi-tasking and time-management to prioritize and switch between varied tasks
- Technical writing skills to create and maintain Knowledge Base articles
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Motivation, curiosity, ambition, and the ability to hit the ground running
Technical Support Engineers carry and answer the On Call smart phone approximately one week of every six for additional compensation. On Call hours are 6pm to 11pm on weekdays and 9am to 11pm on weekends and holidays, Pacific Time Zone.
- 3 years of experience in a Technical Support Role
- Operating system experience (Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X), including familiarity with enterprise software environments and client-server architecture.
- Database experience (MS SQL and-or Oracle)
- Directory experience (LDAP, Active Directory, eDir, Sun ONE, Critical Path, and OpenLDAP) (preferred)
- Certificate Authority experience (Microsoft, Verisign, Entrust) (preferred)
- Programming and-or scripting experience (preferred)
- Web Authoring environment experience (Active X, Tomcat) (preferred)
- Familiarity with Security-Cryptography concepts (preferred)
- University degree in Engineering or Computer Science (preferred)
- US citizens or green card holders are able to applu due to governmental restrictions.
- Capability to speak Spanish (preferred)
Candidates for this position are required to have experience in
- Establishing and maintaining client - server environments, including troubleshooting configuration and networking issues.
- Database operations to include simple SQL queries and troubleshooting connection issues.
- Directory maintenance to include configuration and troubleshooting.
- Web authoring environments, including troubleshooting at the Tomcat and IIS level.
Expectations for Working with Customers
- Customer service soft-skills such as customer empathy, diplomacy, and problem ownership.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to a variety of audiences with different levels of technical expertise.
- Comprehend and triage issues encountered by customers or internal field personnel during deployments or initial testing.
Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.