HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Every day millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
The Extended Access Technologies (EAT) business area of HID Global is a leading provider of biometric and RFID products and solutions that embeds trust into digital devices using innovative authentication technologies. This business develops and integrates core technologies, tools and expertise from across HID and a variety of global partners, to deliver compelling solutions that solve real-world user authentication challenges across several industries including enterprise, financial services, healthcare, government and retail/POS.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will oversee the RFID embedded and OMNIKEY product marketing strategy and implementation globally. You will need to understand the markets, use cases and customer needs, and formulate and implement plans to effectively position RFID products and services in targeted regions, aligned with vertical market focus areas of the business.
This role requires close collaboration with other functional areas including: marcom, sales,
pre-sales/tech support, business development, engineering and innovation to ensure successful new product introductions and positioning of existing products are aligned with business goals.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and execute the implementation of a successful product and solution launch program with assets ready that define target markets, positioning, competitive analysis and comparison, collaterals, white papers, training, presentations, pricing and promotion.
- Drive external product engagements on strategic activities including StudentID, Seos and Mobile access. Align with internal stakeholders from ASSA Abloy and HID.
- Develop and implement sales enablement tools that support the selling of the RFID portfolio.
- Represent HID at selected tradeshows and events. Profesionally present and discuss key RFID product capabilities and advantages that meet customer needs in top target markets.
- Understand and drive customer, partner and end-user engagements with our products, solutions and services throughout their lifecycle. Support key account activities.
- Collect, analyze and report on market needs and trends based on surveys and customer interviews (VoC), and competitive and industry analysis as inputs to the product roadmap.
- Act as voice of the customer for OEM's, integrators and end-users in target markets and use cases, ensuring the HID products meet identified market needs.
- Provide regular product/solution training to internal sales and external partners. Be the center of competence for market knowledge. Collect, and share competitive information.
- Review and report regularly on topics like product sales by SKU, geography and vertical, plus related market growth trends and competitor activities.
- Provide product marketing content inputs and decisions for the next generation RFID platform, as the product marketing interface to the product development team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 5+ years technical sales, business development or product marketing experience
- Knowledge of RFID readers and embedded systems
- Knowledge of contactless physical and virtual RFID credentials
- Knowledge of HID technologies like Seos and Mobile Access
- Ability to conduct and present market research and analysis with concrete recommendations
- Strong written and verbal skills with a very good ability to create and lead face to face and online presentations
- Proven ability to present complex topics in a visually compelling way that is easy for non-technical people to understand. Strong skills developing PowerPoint presentations.
- Experience working in multiple geographies, including developed and emerging markets.
- Capable of establishing credibility with the global sales team, customers, development partners and HID's marketing communication organization.
- Ability to work independently while achieving defined tasks.
- Experience in a structured product development process or stage gate process is a plus.
- Attitude of getting things done with high-quality and on-time.
Education and/or Experience
- Technical Degree - Engineering or Computer Science Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience. Advanced degrees are a plus.
- Business Degree - Marketing or Business Administration is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional major international languages a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret business journals, analyst reports, and market research data.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
- Familiar CRM tools and analysis such as Salesforce.com
Highlight knowledge, skills, abilities and traits necessary in this role to satisfy our customer's
Customer Focused Skills
- Demonstrated ability to present complex information in a simple and visual way.
- Explain the value proposition of the RFID products that is aligned with the market needs and customer pain points of targeted verticals and geographies of the business.
- Partner with sales, pre-sales and marcom to promote the value of HID RFID products.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in an office environment, within a well ventilated area, is exposed to moderate noise levels, and can verbally communicate with people in other time zones.
- Employee works primarily in a home-office environment using an HID-issued laptop with good network connectivity and can verbally communicate with people in other time zones.
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Travel and fieldwork required, including international travel for tradeshows, customer meetings, or other events. Employee must possess, or be able to acquire a valid passport.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at email@example.com, to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.