HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Every day millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
What you will be part of:
You will be part of the R&D team with main responsibility to develop, implement and monitor strategies for secure product development, product functionality and protection of privacy of the data stored and processed in these products.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Define and implement common product security and privacy protection framework in collaboration with HID product and information security specialists.
- Manage the multi-year roadmap for security initiatives focusing on product and application security and privacy protection.
- Develop metrics measuring performance of implemented framework and present to key HID Global stakeholders.
- Work directly with HID engineering development teams and help them to define security and privacy protection profiles relevant to their business domain.
- Critically assess security practices exercised on the company level and in each development team and suggest improvements and introduction of new practices where necessary.
- Provide strategic architectural guidance in implementing product security recommendations and privacy protection controls and solutions
- Understand and interact with functions that are responsible for business creation depending on developed products and help them to define commercial value of security and privacy protection.
- Partner with global cybersecurity stakeholders and leaders and maintain appropriate level of awareness about risks and trends, maturity and assessment models relevant to HID Global.
- Take part in the ASSA ABLOY Group Level initiatives.
- Represent HID Global in the external forums, customers and stakeholders.
- Within your domain of competence, perform other duties as needed and assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- University degree (M.Sc. or equivalent) or proven track record of relevant achievements and experience
- 12 to 15 years of experience product / device security domain
- Excellent command of at least one of relevant standards or frameworks (ISO27001, ISO27002, BSIMM, Common Criteria, FIPS-140, FIPS-201, etc.)
- Knowledge about privacy protection frameworks (e.g. GDPR)
- Experience with security assessments, reviews and evaluations of products, systems, sites.
Good to have Experience
- Certificates related to IT security (CISA, CISM, CISSP or similar)
- Experience with embedded software security architectures
- Experience with HSM, Secure API, Cloud services security concepts
- Working knowledge of cryptography and security practices,
- DevOps skills, experience with Jenkins
Language and Personal Skills
- Outstanding technical communication skills with all levels of organization, from machine operators to C-level.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Self-driven, critical-thinking and curious to learn about new technologies.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in an office environment, within a well-ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Travel and fieldwork, including international travel may be required. Therefore, employee must possess, or be able to acquire a valid passport.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.