HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Everyday millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
We are an exceptional team in pioneering new, people-centric approaches to power the trusted identities required to navigate the physical and cyber worlds with confidence. And we are actively looking for engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals to join our rapidly growing team!
If you want to be part of pioneer players at a company that is changing the world, please read on!
The primary responsibility of this role will be the ongoing design, development and maintenance of one of our core SDK product lines. In this key development position, you will have responsibility for innovating code designs and solutions that provide both modularization and scalability of development. This is role requiring the ability to effectively deliver high quality code that meet feature and schedule goals. You will work closely with our software development and test engineering teams to release world-class products.
This engineer will design and develop optical fingerprint reader products and participate the development of fingerprint enabled devices. This role will include mechanical design of plastics as well as development of test fixtures for manufacturing. The ideal candidate will have experience in design for manufacturing and transfer of designs to high volume production.
- Design molded parts, including CAD design, product drawings, materials and components evaluation and tooling if needed
- Prototyping and debugging
- Design and documentation production fixtures, jigs and assembly process and procedures
- Work with vendors to fabricate parts and components
- Test and analyze the feasibility of opto-mechanical systems
- Other duties as assigned
- 8+ years of mechanical design experience
- Design for manufacturing and tolerance analysis
- Design of metal and plastic parts including injection molding, machining and die cast parts.
- Experience in development of test fixtures for volume production
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- 2+ years experience with Solidworks
- Background in optics and optical design
- Experience developing high volume consumer technology products
- BS or Master of ME/Physics, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong communication skills
- Able to travel ~ 10%
- Friendly, flexible and a team player
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- Outstanding commitment to customer service and quality
- Independent, proactive and self-driven with a can-do attitude
- Sense of humor
Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at email@example.com, to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.