The Service Technician maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records. #jxjobs
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Trade school or college education in a diesel technology program preferred.
- 2-5 years related work experience preferred.
- Mechanical knowledge required.
- Valid Driver’s License required; CDL preferred (must be willing to obtain).
- Dependable and reliable attendance required.
JX Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Team Player - Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented - Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated - Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Self-Starter - Inspired to perform without outside help
Technical/other training of Diesel Technology (preferred)
2 years: Heavy Duty Truck Repair Experience (preferred)
Licenses & Certifications
CDL (preferred)Time Management (preferred)Computer Skills (preferred)Communication Skills (preferred)Ability to lift 75 lbs (preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and
Individual with Disabilities