HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Every day millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
About Mercury Security Products:
Mercury Security, located in Long Beach, California, is recognized as the global leader in the design, manufacture and supply of access control security technology. Mercury Security is part of HID Global, the provider of trusted identities to the world's people, places and things.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, flex spending and FTO to qualifying employees. Mercury is a casual working environment.
The Automation Engineer III will be responsible for developing an automation strategy for building and automating testing on the Mercury products and executing on this strategy. The Automation Engineer III will report to the Director, Software Development.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Automation Engineer III Responsibilities include:
- Automating the build process of the various firmware products across multiple platforms
- Developing framework for automation
- Scheduling automation to take place on a regular basis
- Developing any required test fixtures / harnesses
- Collecting metrics based on the automation being performed
- Automating communications of the results of automation
- Responsible for setup, integration, and scheduling of other tools used in the engineering process
- Bachelor's degree desired in computer science, software engineering or similar field.
- Experience with Jenkins
- Previous work experience with embedded products
- Experience with C/C++ programming languages (5+ years)
- Experience with Linux and various Windows operating systems (5+ years)
- Experience with scripting languages (Windows and Linux) (5+ years)
- Previous experience developing automated tests (5+ years)
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills.
- Ability to work on complex tasks with minimal technical guidance.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work out of the Long Beach location.
- Collect requirements to create/identify test cases and procedures for Functional, Regression, End-to-End and Automation testing
- Familiarity with developing unit tests
- Experience with Klocwork or other static code analysis tools
- Experience with Agile processes and JIRA toolset
- Willingness for converting test cases from manual to fully automated (including hardware testing)
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate professionally with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in an office environment, with in a well ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at email@example.com, to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.