Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About This Role:
The Supplier Quality Engineer will play a key part in leading performance improvement of suppliers and increasing the supplier’s capabilities to consistently meet Boston Scientific’s requirements. Additionally, the Supplier Quality Engineer will support global sourcing, manufacturing operations, and global quality systems by participating in global communities of practice and value improvement projects. The Rhythm Management Supplier Quality Engineering team is looking for high energy, driven, passionate people, looking to not just change jobs, but start an amazing career!
Drives improvement and corrective action in the quality of components sourced from outside suppliers. Provides technical support in the selection of suppliers. Develops acceptance criteria for materials. Monitors supplier performance to drive supplier corrective action, manufacturing yield issues and field failures.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Assess suppliers for technical, quality and manufacturing capabilities.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises authority and judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Has a broad knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on the business unit.
- Plans and organizes non-routine tasks with approval. Initiates or maintains work schedule and priorities. Plans and organizes project assignments and maintains project schedules.
- Works under general direction regarding the direction and progress of projects and special assignments. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Interprets, executes and recommends modifications to company policies. Assists in establishing departmental policies and procedures. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Establishes and cultivates a wide range of business relationships to facilitate completion of assignments. Interacts with suppliers. Participates in determining goals and objectives for projects. May lead projects within the function or department and/or represents a specialized field in larger project teams. Influences middle management on business solutions.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures. Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the Quality Policy. Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
What We're Looking For In You:
- BS degree in Engineering or MS degree with a minimum of 2 years related experience
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- BS Degree in Packaging, Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with or lead auditor certification to ISO13485, 9001, TS16949 standards
- Experience with auditing supplier quality systems
- Experience in working with mechanical or electrical component suppliers
- Experience in lean and six sigma methodologies.
- Experience with manufacturing support or process development
- Experience with Project Management
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 459496