HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Everyday millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
We are an exceptional team in pioneering new, people-centric approaches to power the trusted identities required to navigate the physical and cyber worlds with confidence. And we are actively looking for engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals to join our rapidly growing team!
If you want to be part of pioneer players at a company that is changing the world, please read on!
The primary responsibility of this role will be the ongoing design, development and maintenance of one of our core SDK product lines. In this key development position, you will have responsibility for innovating code designs and solutions that provide both modularization and scalability of development. This is role requiring the ability to effectively deliver high quality code that meet feature and schedule goals. You will work closely with our software development and test engineering teams to release world-class products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the review of existing software architecture
- Define and document code designs that meet industry/product specifications and high quality standards
- Scope work and timeline estimates
- Develop stable, scalable and documented software code; this includes unit and integration testing
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Management in the technical assessment of proposed features and product concepts
- Troubleshoot and correct issues identified by QA testing (ALPA, BETA, product release)
- Provide sustaining engineering for all released software products
- Champion continuous product improvement and innovation
- Actively support the organization's efforts to obtain product certifications and meet biometric industry standards
- As requested, provide critical analysis and assessment of 3rd party products/technologies
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 years of demonstrated expertise in C/C++ software development for Windows, Linux and Android.
- Experience with software development lifecycle from design to production, with emphasis on maintainability.
- Experience with Java and/or C#.
- Commitment to customer service and quality.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with software development for iOS.
- Experience with fingerprint recognition or other biometric products.
- Familiarity with Web protocols.
- Familiarity with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 protocols.
- Familiarity with driver development for Windows and WHLK tools and procedures.
- Occasional travel may be required
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us, to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.