HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Every day millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
The Director, Americas Customer Service will serve customers both external and internal by planning and implementing customer service strategies and operations, improving systems and processes, and hiring and managing staff. We are seeking an individual with a passion for delivering an exceptional experience for customers, a proven track record of driving internal improvements for process and efficiency, and the skills to train and lead a team toward the same common goal.
The Director, HID Americas Customer Service assumes responsibility and accountability for the day to day operations of the North American and LATAM Customer Service teams. This comprises two main activities: Order Management, which pertains to the reception, validation and processing of customer purchase orders and Customer Service, which is the management and disposition inbound inquiries from customers who are seeking assistance with the placement, revision and fulfillment of their purchase orders.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee performance, development and retention of the regional Order Management and Customer Service teams (approximately 30 direct reports in the Austin Facility as well as the LATAM Customer Service team located in Brazil and Mexico) by managing business metrics to continuously improve the customer experience, ensuring the department budget is in line with company goals and maintaining operational standards across all areas.
- Manage the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching and disciplining of employees. This individual will also be responsible for administering scheduling systems, communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising, reviewing job contributions and planning and reviewing compensation actions
- Ensure Best-in-Class service to customers by managing and motivating the Customer Service team and by supporting sales management and the external sales force.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in call center operations management, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Develop and implement improvement processes that maintain the quality and service level in the department expected by our customers.
- Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, order entry, phones, email, online returns and price adjustments. Monitor daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and trending activity from the phone lines and from the SalesForce CRM.
- Follow up with customers and sales representatives for timely feedback on recent issues, pricing issues and delivery issues all to ensure accurate and exceptional service.
- Organize and efficiently manage multiple inter-departmental tasks, to coordinate service to customers and sales reps.
- Prepare performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends including monitoring random calls to improve quality and minimize errors and track Customer Service Representative Performance.
- Ensure direct reports follow documented processes and procedures. Provide appropriate training and encourage good employee performance and communication and ensure workload is managed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ideal candidate must have project management experience with short term and long-term projects in order to manage multiple tasks and prioritize urgent needs. The ideal candidate will have experience in both traditional (manual) and automated (digital) engagement with customers, leveraging processes and metrics to achieve high customer satisfaction goals and internal targets. The candidate will be organized and detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills. This person will have demonstrated success in problem solving and taking initiative, with the ability to work independently as well as in teams with cross functional partners. S/he must enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent education plus relevant work experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years management and leadership experience overseeing a customer service and sales-oriented department.
- A proven record in the development, implementation and measurement of quality control programs in a customer service environment. Familiarity with automated phone lines and computer software (SalesForce, Oracle, Excel etc) is very important.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work in fast paced environment, have exceptional organizational skills, work well independently as well as part of a team, and be a positive thinker with a strong commitment to help others.
- Practical experience working in an international company as part of a global team is a significant advantage
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of a second language, Spanish or Portuguese, a definite plus.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Proficient with Salesforce CRM and Oracle EBS
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
Highlight knowledge, skills, abilities and traits necessary in this role to satisfy our customer's expectations
- Provide Best-in-Class service to customers by managing and motivating the Customer Service and Order Management teams and working closely with internal stakeholders (Operations, Sales, Quality, etc.)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in an office environment, within a well-ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Travel and fieldwork, including international travel may be required. Therefore, employee must possess, or be able to acquire a valid passport.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which you are hired.
- NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at email@example.com, to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.